Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Default I think I have a virus

Ok, so I woke up today and hop on my computer, and when I do I notice that its acting strangely. I had an AIM chat winow open and it was typing the letter z over and over again, I looked at the z key.. nothing was wrong with it. Then it started to type some other random keys, quickly... at this point I just closed the window. I then tried to open IE and it wouldn't let me, every time I would go to open IE it would open another folder on my desktop instead. At this point it just seems like there was something that had access to my computer at the same time I did, but it didn't seem to have a purpose, everything it was doing was seemingly random, but it was stealing control from me and doing all sorts of clicking and typing of random letters.

So basically, I was like [censored] ! and hopped on my laptop to change all my poker passwords, but right now I have my comp all screwed up.

I tried to figure out wtf this was (I assumed it was something from yesterday) .. so I've been going over it, the questionable stuff I did was: click on that guy who spammed like half the forums with "my bodog check bounced"... I clicked it- it took forever so i closed it, uhm i downloaded skype but that was about a week ago, hrm...

man actually I can't think of anything else, yesteray was all poker, aim, skype, and 2p2.. I didnt really use anything else.. itunes maybe

In any event what are my options to do with this comp now that its got some virus or something ?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: I think I have a virus

Just to give a little more detail... when i turn the computer on now while its loading it makes some wierd sound like somethins processing or something.. its like a high pace tapping.

Also when I pressed cntl+alt+del it wouldnt bring up the window and itstead right now its going back and forth highlighting my FTP icon and a nopepad file I have on the desktop named FTP .... its just keeps going back and forth selecting them on and off REALLY fast... im so [censored]
Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 AM

Oh actually I just remembered.. two days ago i downloaded a music torrent... duno if that could be the culprit just fyi
Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 AM

ahhhhhhh ha!.... it was a trojan

I just downloaded AVG onto my comp and it foun a trojan.. <3 avg... after it's done are there any other cautionary steps i should take?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 AM

Finding trojans while I'm typing suggestions. BOOOOO at you sir! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Find some information about the bugger, someone somewhere have probably written what it does. Personally I would take a backup of everything vital, and then format the haddrive.