Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

For the HUD to have the ability to auto-calc and display in the HUD your current number of "BB"'s and "M" left for use in MTT's. Also for both MTT and Ring games things like Pot Odd's offered.

I know all these things are easy enough to work out, but if you have loads of tables going at once would be nice to just see those figures automatically.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 PM

You state about a hand replayer. Would it be possible to make notes and these appear in the HUD. (as click pop-up)or something.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 PM

RVG, here an excerpt from the new Poker Tracker thread.

[ QUOTE ]

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting statement. Cofounder of a company with a market cap of $60 million. Why you try to penetrate the poker market for earning bucks only? Got a kick from your associate because you tried to be Mr. Know-It-All? I think your problem was that you have acted like a nonprofessional as you did in the new Poker Tracker thread.

Just do your work and don't give us trash stories about how good you are! 1:0 for Pat, Mike & Josh.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting statement. Cofounder of a company with a market cap of $60 million. Why you try to penetrate the poker market for earning bucks only? Got a kick from your associate because you tried to be Mr. Know-It-All? I think your problem was that you have acted like a nonprofessional as you did in the new Poker Tracker thread.

Just do your work and don't give us trash stories about how good you are! 1:0 for Pat, Mike & Josh.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? lol. ok, for one, quote the whole thing next time. I was responding to an unfair comment he made.

secondly, I love to program and I love to play poker - that's why I'm doing this.

thirdly, I still work at my company.

Peace!

rvg
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You state about a hand replayer. Would it be possible to make notes and these appear in the HUD. (as click pop-up)or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definately in the todo list.

rvg
Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the HUD to have the ability to auto-calc and display in the HUD your current number of "BB"'s and "M" left for use in MTT's. Also for both MTT and Ring games things like Pot Odd's offered.

I know all these things are easy enough to work out, but if you have loads of tables going at once would be nice to just see those figures automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calculating and showing BB's and M will be in there but Pot odds probably not. In general I'll be avoid realtime calculations.

rvg
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: I'm a little confused on the difference with TM and HM
As someone who used to play cash games but has moved to just playing MTT's and sats from now on...should i just buy TM or is HM worth it. I'm a bit of a software idiot so not even sure what I should be using it for short of reviewing a tourney HH and keeping track of my results etc

[/ QUOTE ]

TM is completely geared towards tracking results while HM is more geared towards analysis at a hand by hand, player by player level and of course the HUD. The two programs will work together though so TM customer that buy HM will get some enhanced functionality.

Since you play primarily MTT's I'd probably suggest you wait for the HM beta and try it and then download a trial of Tourney Manager and see if will help you.

rvg
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

huh? lol. ok, for one, quote the whole thing next time. I was responding to an unfair comment he made.

secondly, I love to program and I love to play poker - that's why I'm doing this.

thirdly, I still work at my company.

Peace!

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Got you. A professional would ignore me and would never response. But you are predictable.

1) You was responding to an unfair comment? Didn't see any. But never mind! And here the next advice for you as a "business man": You needn't justify yourself.

2) Maybe you love both things. But your aggressiveness related to introducing HM is enormously to believe it's just loving do it. You can tell this non business related people, but not me nor your competitors here.

3) This is possible. I wish I would time doing other things as a cofounder in a million $ company than make it more profitable.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I belive it was in response to this (PokerAce):
[ QUOTE ]
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".

[/ QUOTE ]

I belive that PokerAce commented on this:
[ QUOTE ]

Um.... your posting this because Hold Em Manager is coming out soon and will make PokerTracker and your product obsolete. Please don't post under the guise of wanting to satisfy your customers; it's a little late for that. This is actually meant for PT and not PAHUD since I have never had a problem with your software or customer service. It just sucks that your product will be attached to PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the thread, where all the quotes are taken from:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I do agree with your point about RVG needing to stop talking. In fact he needs to be locked in the basement with a computer and a feedtube, so he can finish that damn program!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.

2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?