Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Find me a good \"weights won\'t make you muscle-y\" article 4 a girl

My GF's sister is staying w/ her this summer. I've successfully got my GF in the weight room, after tirelessly deprogramming her "but i don't wanna get big" mentality, and we're both reaping the benefits from it.

Her sister's a pain in the ass, though, and my GF wants to get her in the weight room too, but she won't go until i "back up my claims" -- i told her i'd find her a good article about how lifting weights will make her hot, not muscle-bound. I've read some good ones but am too lazy to go find them. Can anyone link me to a good one?

(and here, I'm Rickrolling myself to get it out of the way.)
Old 06-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Find me a good \"weights won\'t make you muscle-y\" article 4 a girl

http://thefitcast.com/?p=180 - interview with figure competitor jen heath

http://thefitcast.com/?p=45 - interview with cassandra foresythe, i think its gets talked about here as well

perhaps explain to her that nutrition will be the determining factor in what effect your weight training has, it will allow her to feel in control of her results...

you should also check out musclewithattitude.com - its t-nation for women...
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Find me a good \"weights won\'t make you muscle-y\" article 4 a girl

http://health.learninginfo.org/fitne...fting-myth.htm
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM

thx - i should mention that i only get "one shot" at this, and we're dealing with a typical bitchy female w/ a short attention span.
In other words, the ideal article will be a print article (not an audio interview) that isn't too long, and has some basic science or something, but nothing too high-level.

it's really a shame what the 80s aerobic fad did to the mindset of today's 18 - 35 yr old women.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Tell her

1) you don't have the testosterone to build the muscles like femal bodybuilders
and
2) you're retarded
Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Thx Grey, that should be up her alley

***Oh, and lastly, what would be terrific is if I could find something that discussed the additional metabolic benefits of weight-lifting AFTER the gym (e.g. how your body is in an enhanced metabolic mode for like 24 hrs post weight-lifting, whereas with cardio, your metabolic rate returns to normal very soon after you stop) -- there's an acronym for it...but i forget...something like PEOC, although i'm sure i butchered that...but it stands for something like post-exercise-oxygen-consumption.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM

www.t-nation.com has an entire girls section with good info..Chad Waterbury has written some good articles as well on and Jen heath is a great read as well...between those you should have more than enough
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM

FYI, i found a great article here:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1490871
Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM

With your advice, your girlfriend can look like this! lol
Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 PM

That guy is wrong hating on yoga in his article. I am sure he has never done it, or has only done beginning programs. Alot of the stuff he says is wrong and dumb. I didnt read any after that.