Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 AM

Default I\'ve got AA and it\'s capped 5 way

Paradise 1/2

Loose game, obviously. I've been playing tight and value betting a ton. Most of these guys are calling down with any piece of the board.

I get AA in mp3, there's a limper and a raiser and a cold caller in front of me, I 3-bet, both blinds come in and the limper, 3-bettor caps and we all call.

5 to the flop for lots

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Limper bets, 3 bettor raises, I cold call(planning to raise any turn card that's not special), blinds fold limper calls.

3 to the turn for lots.

turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

limper bets, 3 bettor raises, Mr. Lost in a 240 bb downswing is lost and doesn't know what to do.

Any suggestions??

edit: typos
Old 08-24-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: I\'ve got AA and it\'s capped 5 way

Without counting out the pot, it's obviously enormous. But I just don't see how you're not drawing to two outs. The 3-bettor isn't doing this with QQ. He's going to have kings full basically always, except when he has quads.

So I fold and then throw up when the limper's 77 holds up against the 3-bettor's AQ.

(Am I reading this right that you were getting 19:3 on a calldown if there are no further raises?)
Old 08-24-2006, 10:11 AM

I'm out on the turn.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I fold and then throw up when the limper's 77 holds up against the 3-bettor's AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect response
Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions??

[/ QUOTE ]

Vomit.

I guess you could lay this down...pot is what though? 32 bucks?

(6 minutes later)...The more I think about it the more I realize that I have absolutely nothing useful to offer you. Personally, I lose a lot on this hand, I don't think that I can get away from it. Of course, you probably should lay this down, you and I are not allowed to hit 2-outers, those are for other people...you didn't lay it down though. You thought about and called more bets and then you did the vomit thing when you had to look at A5s and KTo.

Check that I do have something useful to offer: Don't punch the wall...in addition to possibly breaking the wall (expensive) you might break your hand (also expensive).
Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 AM

I think you're getting 17:2 on the turn?

Naturally I think this is a clear fold, but then again as Ed Miller said (I think it was him anyway), never folding AA is not that big of a deal. Given the pot size and the looseness of the table, I'd probably call this down (which sucks if limper 3-bets it) and get my bottle of vodka ready.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Ouch! That turn makes me feel sick. U are beat, but could be long time + EV to do a sanity call down.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 AM

I think this calls for a 3-bet/fold [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Not sure how often I get to take that line.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Raise the flop. I have no idea on the turn, but I would probably call down.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:49 AM

I don't think you can call this down. I know you're getting huge odds but it looks pretty obvious to me that both of them have a fullhouse. You're effective odds are much worse than they are right now because with a table full of donks, they'll cap the turn and river with full houses (top OR bottom).

Every bet that's going in to the pot now is increasing the odds your getting, however, these bets are coming from at least one fullhouse and you're drawing to a two outer.

You're getting 19:2 if the limper calls the raise and then check calls a bet on the river. Which is highly unlikely. You're not good here 10% of the time. Remember, in large pots people aren't worried about deception and play their hands pretty transparently.

Fold, watch the 3-bettor go, "Me t'inks dem dare queeenzzzz of mine are goot!" while the limper shows down Q-3 off suit and yells, "I gots me one of those straight flushies!".

Don't worry about the downswing, you'll pull out of it, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: typos