Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Frustrated Poker Players on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my pick for number one cry baby is Joe Hashem, he begs for cards, which i cant stand. c'mon dealer one time, and them pouts like a 5 year old when he gets his money in with the worst hand. c'mon dealer, one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with this. The most life tilting thing I've heard in my life is joe hachem getting sucked out on in the 2006 main event.

He then said what makes me "almost" hate him ( he's still a nice guy but wow...) :

"STORY OF MY LIFE"

?!?!?!?! Ok the guy wins the main event and the story of his life is getting sucked out on deep in the next main event...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh shi*...did he really say STORY OF MY LIFE!?!?!?! i gotta go back and watch the tape. Maybe this year's complaining isnt as bad as i thought it was because that one statement would outcomplain Hellmuth's lifetime of complaints exponentially.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, YOU WON THE WHOLE THING FOR 12 MILLION DOLLARS IN 2006!! WHO CARES IF YOU GET KNOCKED OUT ON DAY ONE FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS. YOULL STILL HAVE 5.9 million dollars left over.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...nice...im sure theres a thread here but im too lazy to look for it...does anyone have any rumors on the amount of the settlement? was it 6 million...i cant imagine it was 6 million cause gold said last night he was extremely happy with the outcome...im thinking 500K to 1M and running since they settled on the first day according to gold
Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But her overall attitude was, "you might not know who I am but I am Shannon Elizabeth, professional poker player".

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant stop laughing at this..does anyone have any opinions on whether she got lucky to get as far as she did in the headsup tourney or whether it was mostly skill...there was some serious competition there...even if shannon won the world series i cant see anyone taking her any more seriously than an average girl at a 1/2 no limit game in the mirage
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM

anyway to all who think Moneymaker didnt go overboard with his huffing and puffing, i stand by it...i think hes turned into a frustrated as*...on an ESPN chat, i remember the first question was "is moneymaker your real name?"...its a stupid question and hes been asked it a thousand times, but answer it a 1001 times with class...people are curious and this is the first time they are speaking to you...he answered "are you seriously ansking that question?"...a bit off topic but the minute i saw him do that i knew the attention fame had A) gotten to his head B) gotten to much to handle...your a former world champ...act the part with class please
Old 08-29-2007, 08:00 PM

I bet that blind guy was pretty frustrated... you'd never know it though, classy!!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my pick for number one cry baby is Joe Hashem, he begs for cards, which i cant stand. c'mon dealer one time, and them pouts like a 5 year old when he gets his money in with the worst hand. c'mon dealer, one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with this. The most life tilting thing I've heard in my life is joe hachem getting sucked out on in the 2006 main event.

He then said what makes me "almost" hate him ( he's still a nice guy but wow...) :

"STORY OF MY LIFE"

?!?!?!?! Ok the guy wins the main event and the story of his life is getting sucked out on deep in the next main event...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure but I think you've been leveled by Hachem. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with his comment. I reacted similarly to you, but then thought that it must be a rehearsed sarcastic line that was delivered with a little too much emotion. As an ironic line, it's pretty good.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM

he was so serious and tilted though... maybe...
Old 08-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Yep - Moneynmaker looks like such a chump. He reminds me of someone who thinks their good at a sport - like golf - so they constantly throw their clubs after every bad shot. He acts like winning the ME automatically makes him a great poker player, when the fact is he was not a very good player before the ME, and he's not all that much better now. His looks of disgust at his play, the cards, his opponents, is just anything BUT what you would see from a great player.

Maybe there is a psychological thing that happens to ME winners that makes them behave so badly. Maybe it's just hard to re-baseline your game after you go on a phenomenal luckbox ride. Maybe Gold just can't go abck to solid poker because he's been re-wired to think he's great and can just will his stack to grow to 10 million by the second day.

Moneymaker doesn't look to happy either. His attitude should be "wow, I actually won the WSOP ME - unreal - I'm set for life - I can try to get good at poker, but everything is icing on the cake from now on." Instead, he looks like he stays awake at night wondering how many people think he was fluke and how he can prove them wrong.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:00 PM

I think that for Moneymaker and Gold that it was so easy the first time -- everything going their way, catching their draws when they needed to, getting people to bluff off their stacks when they had the nuts, etc. -- that they just tilt when they have a regular tournament where everything isn't perfectly aligned for them.

When you look at how they behave, compared to Raymer and Hachem, who seem to have a lot more experience and tournament play under their belts, there is a big difference. Yeah, Hachem whines some, but I don't find him to be that annoying... and I have never heard Raymer complain once - even after the horrific beat he took from Kanter in 2005.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never heard Raymer complain once - even after the horrific beat he took from Kanter in 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because Raymer understands the enormous variance inherent in donkaments....most others don't.