Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

The gambling 911 pictures were taken in August 2006. More than a year ago. Very possible Scott Tom was still working for Absolute at this point.

Another question : What is Innovative Data Solutions?
For a data/tech company their web site is busted. IDS
Nothing in google cache besides this:
For further information on IDS Technical Consulting and how we can work with you, please contact us.

IDS Technical Consulting
Oficentro de Sebana
San Jose, Costa Rica
Telephone - 011-506-520-0525
Email - info@idsworld.net

Old 10-20-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How? There system got *compromised*, it was known to everyone it got *compromised* and then they sent a support host here to say it wasn't when they knew it was. After extreme heat and detective work they admit it was *compromised.*

IMO, total scum that they tried to cover it up first. If they would of come clean and said an inside job did it, it wouldnt be as worse. But the fact they first lied when everyone knew they were lieing(sp?), not good. IMO....

[/ QUOTE ]

If after you read their statement, this is still your response, then I have no problems with it. However, I do think you should read their statement before you come to a final conclusion.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

True, i just cant see how they can deny what happened. I will never trust them again.

Question, the AP official response saying nothing happened(posted in IG about a week ago), who wrote that? The same people that will now be giving another official statement saying that something did happen?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to bang on about this, but is it possible to get a yes/no on whether we know if Scott Tom was officially involved with AP while all this was going dow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute says he has not been with them in over a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers.

It appears unlikely that's the case though, doesn't it. Between his shilling on this site, and his supposed chat appearance as Steamroller(?) where he verified his identity by crediting a player's account with $300, there's indirect evidence that he has remained involved with the company.

If Scott is still involved with AP at the highest levels, and he is one of the perpetrator's of this scam, I can't think of any steps AP could take that would make it anything less than a disgrace if they were to remain a viable business.

Edited to add: I guess AP's press release may clear this up, but I don't know why anyone would expect AP to do anything other than spin what facts they chose to acknowledge in whatever way best serves their commercial interests.

I will reserve my judgment, though.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:23 PM

Two things I have been thinking about that really make their geek programmer explanation laughable are...

1. Bigdogpck5s one of the top players on AP said awhile back that steamroller came to his table and tried to challenge him to a last longer in one of the big gtds. Obv steamroller won that tourny. Who is more likely to be cheating and have the stones to try and rob a good player like this? A programmer trying to make a point with no intention of keeping the money sure wouldn't do this.

2. Potripper's annoying slightly disturbing chat at the Final Table of the 1k. He began typing RIP over and over, and things like Rest Rest Rest you will all go to sleep soon. This sounds more like the guy sitting in his executive office ban switching people for fun and laughing about it, doesn't it?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/8B110B92-...0D2DBED5C.aspx
<Absolute Poker knew of the breach in July my friends - proof, and a sad post i have to make
by Paul Buchsbaum on 10/20/2007 11:28 >

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean much.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely to be related to the scandal, but demonstrative of general dodginess/inadequacy imo

[/ QUOTE ]

It is another data point though. I remember that happening (I used to participate in the AP forums before getting nuked by AP Support there). Buchsbaumy does tend to be hot headed and inarticulate, but he head and heart always seem to be in the right place. Any audit should look at this incident and determine one way or the other if the hack was an inside job. It doesn't seem to fit the modus operandi of the other suspect accounts though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...

I really feel like this is this could have been done by the same people.

My roomate PHWAP on AP had this exact situation happen to him. The guy changed Kevin's account info to some random bs that didn't make any sense. AP said they would get back to him with an IP and then they randomly shut him out.

Edit: BTW this happened July this year.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Same guy ??

Old 10-20-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of any steps AP could take that would make it anything less than a disgrace if they were to remain a viable business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't you?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 PM

hey hold on here. did i not read before that scott tom was one of a few 'frat brothers' that came into absolute?

just need to know where he graduated from and could have a picture within minutes.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:31 PM

Now I think that is something that a 'rogue programmer' would do to prove a flaw, just changing account info and not stealing any money. Maybe it really happened and that is the person who is now the scapegoat.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gambling 911 pictures were taken in August 2006. More than a year ago. Very possible Scott Tom was still working for Absolute at this point.

Another question : What is Innovative Data Solutions?
For a data/tech company their web site is busted. IDS
Nothing in google cache besides this:
For further information on IDS Technical Consulting and how we can work with you, please contact us.

IDS Technical Consulting
Oficentro de Sebana
San Jose, Costa Rica
Telephone - 011-506-520-0525
Email - info@idsworld.net

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize this guy from the pictures I browsed through earlier related to Absolute Poker. His name is Fred.
Closed Thread