Hero (BB): $278.25
UTG: $114
UTG+1: $249.55
MP1: $210.80
MP2: $204.10
CO: $40

Pre-Flop: 7 6 dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $2, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1, Hero checks

Flop: ($8) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $12</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $38</font>, MP2 calls $26
<font color="blue"> When he minraises my flop bet I am thinking he is probably on a FD or maybe has has a middle pair... No stats on villain</font>

Turn: ($84) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $84</font>, <font color="blue"> Gotta charge a draw right? too much here? </font> <font color="red">MP2 raises to $164.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $80.10

<font color="blue">I have to call here... right? </font>
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: NL200 BB Trips no good?

I think you're beat here. I dont see him playing this aggressive with anything other then a set or full house.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM

I called the turn shove and he showed 97o... but I rivered a 6 for the pot.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 PM

I think you overplayd it. I would just call his flop minraise and trying to keep the pot small because your kicker isn't great.

I would just c/c the turn. As played, you have to call the turn.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you overplayd it. I would just call his flop minraise and trying to keep the pot small because your kicker isn't great.

I would just c/c the turn. As played, you have to call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your lead on the flop, but slow down the rest of the hand. Give him some rope to choke himself and keep the pot small. Chances are if you play a big pot he's only going to show up with a better hand.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Ugh, this hand is a nasty result of the "protect your hand" rhetoric to which we're so often subjected. Leading the flop was good. Everything after that was disastrous. IMO, most $1/$2 players don't call the flop three-bet without a better hand than yours. As far as "charging draws" on the turn, that's pretty ridiculous. No one with any vestige of skill calls your flop three-bet with a draw. Don't take this as disrespect, because I don't mean any, but perhaps you should consider moving down a level.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, this hand is a nasty result of the "protect your hand" rhetoric to which we're so often subjected. Leading the flop was good. Everything after that was disastrous. IMO, most $1/$2 players don't call the flop three-bet without a better hand than yours. As far as "charging draws" on the turn, that's pretty ridiculous. No one with any vestige of skill calls your flop three-bet with a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Furthermore, since you're in the BB many opponents will give you credit for a 7 here, so not only are they calling your flop 3-bet with a made hand, but they also know what they're up against (your likely set).

I flat call his flop raise and try to keep the pot small.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, this hand is a nasty result of the "protect your hand" rhetoric to which we're so often subjected. Leading the flop was good. Everything after that was disastrous. IMO, most $1/$2 players don't call the flop three-bet without a better hand than yours. As far as "charging draws" on the turn, that's pretty ridiculous. No one with any vestige of skill calls your flop three-bet with a draw. Don't take this as disrespect, because I don't mean any, but perhaps you should consider moving down a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with a bunch of that

probably start with the fact a lot of 1/2 players don't have "any vestige of skill" and could easily still have a flush
draw

also there aren't many 7x hands that are overlimping in mp2, and generally its weak players that are limping there anyway
Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Could easily still have a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe, but very nonstandard IMO, even for bad players.

[ QUOTE ]

also there aren't many 7x hands that are overlimping in mp2, and generally its weak players that are limping there anyway

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Second-limping xx suited/modestly-connected is very common. That's how come the average VPIP at a $1/$2 table is like 20-30 and the average PFR is like 5-11.