Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

[ QUOTE ]
And, as was stated, these are high school kids. They break up with each other all the time for lame-ass reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I actually thought the dialogue perfectly conveyed the exact same scenario of a basic HS breakup or just immature relationships for that matter. "It's not you it's me." "I think we have changed." etc. etc. She was running the script so she didn't have to be honest--her own little defense mechanism b/c she is young and unsure of herself. I am not saying that as we get older we break down these walls but these walls are there b/c of certain defects in our ability to assert ourselves and damn near every teenager is in this category. It wasn't until Saracen sees through her BS and calls her out on it b/c he knows that she is only running the script b/c the Swede is what is on her mind and not him.

Demon- I actually disagree w/ a lot of what you wrote though I don't feel like writing as much as you did.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM

blah, i mean it was ok, it had its moments definitely. i'm just worried about where its heading. if jason starts walking and matt starts getting off with his nurse it could turn very bad very fast.

i'm optimistic though. i thought they did a good job this ep of starting to move the plot successfully past the killing. agree that closeup shots are not kind to landry.

order of hotness :

1) the swede
2) lyla
3) julie/tyra
4) mrs coach
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) the swede
2) lyla
3) julie/tyra
4) mrs coach

[/ QUOTE ]

You win.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Riggins
2) lyla
3) julie/tyra
4) mrs coach

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreamy imo

I used to think Tyra looked really blokeish, but this season she has gotten mega-hot - mainly due to the footballs inserted into her chest. Also, Julie is a bitch (and isn't that hot at atm - give her a few years).
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Coach Taylor is obviously the hottest person in the show, wtf is wrong with you people.

/mancrush
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Oddly, coach Taylor has gotten blown up in everything I've ever seen him in besides FNL. One of the most explosive actors out there, imo.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:52 PM

The coach thing with the star player and the "great high school football coach" was obviously an important plot point. It was a huge backhanded compliment.

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to think that coach understood he was being insulted and now there is going to be a lot of stuff about how he's not suited for the college environment where it's not his little old town anymore.

It could go either way, with coach being more and more shut out of the inner circle w/ the college team, or with him pwning and eventually getting their respect.

I imagine it's going to be something like, he eventually pwns at the college level, and when he final gets offered "acceptance" of some kind he turns it down to go back to dillon where the football is "pure".
Old 10-17-2007, 03:21 AM

keepitreal - Thanks for your thoughts. They helped clarify my statements much better. I see now that my instinctive reaction was not positive so in the quest for a reason I probably invented some flaws that didn't exist. I'll give it time and come back to this thread with something positive to add - hopefully!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 AM

Great episode (though a lot of the plot points were pretty predictable). Only thing that kinda bugged me was Street's rant at Riggins at the end of the episode. Just felt really forced and wooden acting (though the guy who plays Street I usually really like).
Old 10-20-2007, 01:37 AM

This was my favourite show last year, and I am still enjoying it this year, but it feels like something is missing. It's like all the characters have changed just a little bit.