Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who works harder, you or your boss?
On average, my boss works 20%+ more than I do 61 49.19%
On average, my boss works 1% to 19% more than I do 20 16.13%
On average, my boss works 1% to 19% less than I do 19 15.32%
On average, my boss works 20%+ less than I do 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM

Default COLLEGE CHOICE----HELP

New York University or Georgetown

the thing is though, i've lived in Washington D.C. for all 18 years of my life. Georgetown is actually closer to my house than my high school is.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: COLLEGE CHOICE----HELP

Comparable schools, so it comes down to straight personal choice: Do you want to get away from the house, or stay close by? I wanted to get far away, and I was happy in the end that I did.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Assuming money isnt an issue, I'd go NYU to have a "real" college experience. Both schools have good names, but dont you wanna see something different?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go NYU to have a "real" college experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I was talking to Evan about this awhile back and we both agreed that NYC is not a place to get the typical college experience, especially NYU. whereas a lot of colleges tend to define the town they're in, NYU is just a dot in one of the biggest, busiest cities in the world. there's no football team and the village, though hip, is not collegey. if you choose NYU expect to "grow up" pretty quickly in terms of social activities and blow through a ton of money. that said, NYC is an awesome place to be.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM

one other thing tho, i got into gtowns school of foreign service which apparently is v. good.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Yeah, NYU will not provide the typical college experience.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go NYU to have a "real" college experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I was talking to Evan about this awhile back and we both agreed that NYC is not a place to get the typical college experience, especially NYU. whereas a lot of colleges tend to define the town they're in, NYU is just a dot in one of the biggest, busiest cities in the world. there's no football team and the village, though hip, is not collegey. if you choose NYU expect to "grow up" pretty quickly in terms of social activities and blow through a ton of money. that said, NYC is an awesome place to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, if you asked me to pick one phrase that did NOT describe NYU it would be "real college experience". Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is entirely up to you, but what you'll get here is very very far away from what 99.9% of people would call a college experience. There's positives to that and there's negatives. I'm not going to write about all of them now, but trust me that it's very different.

As I write this, if I look over my left shoulder my entire window is filled by the 15th tallest building in the country. If I go into my living room I see the Brooklyn Bridge. If I were to go onto the roof I'd see the 2nd and 5th tallest buildings in the country. It's easy to get lost in the crowd here and that alone makes it way way different than pretty much any other university in the world.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM

I don't know much about NYU, but I lived in New York for 2 years and absolutely hated it. It's like everyone in that state is a dick head, I will never go back there. College there could be totally different though idk.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Go to NYU. You will created a whole new group of freinds. If you go to Georgetwon chances are you will be hanging out with the same losers you are now.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM

When I opened the OP and saw the poll Georgetown was my immediate preference. I really like DC.

But the fact that you are from DC and live that close to GTown makes it NYU and its not really close.