Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: OT - settle a bet

[ QUOTE ]
When I was playing the $22s I was about 50% sure that I could have beaten the $215s at that time. In hindsight, I'm about 90% certain that I could have beaten them at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was playing the $22s/33s I probably could have made a marginal winning at the $215s too. There was one big difference between then and now though: back then I was crushing the smaller stakes games. Now I'm beating smaller stakes cash games for a decent amount, but nothing near an equivalent to the 20 something % ROI I was pulling in the lower buyin SNGs when I first started out in SNGs.

Okay, the <1% was still probably an exageration especially since I have no experience playing that high, and i'm sure there are still plenty of donks in 10/20. I suspect that the skill difference between each level between 2/4 and 10/20 would quickly eat up a modest win rate at 2/4 though. Like if you lose 1-2 bb/100 over your previous win rate each time you move up you will probably be breaking even at best if you jump all the way up to 10/20.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: OT - settle a bet

Don't pay yet, don't play. FWIW, raptor and newt are right. raptor is right about defining the bet and newt about everything else.