Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

I'm not the most reasonable person in the world, but some random chick just rolled in and said some dude is a thief, liar and pervert right? I have no clue if its true or not, but its a pretty hefty allegation.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that strippers/whores view all men as suckers and try to get their money, and think that they deserve it because men treat women so badly. But when one of their marks turns the tables on them and cons them, they cry rape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff --

If she's telling the truth, you're in the wrong here. If, as you claim is likely, she's "NUTS," then you're appallingly insensitive. I can't say I'm surprised that you chose this thread to strut around in, but everyone would be better off if you hadn't.

I (obviously) don't know anything about the truth of the OP, but come on, people. No matter what the truth is, the situation calls for some human decency.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in the time it took my computer to stop choking on something, ggbman said everything that needed to be said to you. Nice to see my intended post get obsolete so quickly.

ggbman -- Nice work.

Bluff -- Seriously, dude, either many dozens of intelligent impartial people are completely off-base for no reason, or your entire 2+2 existence is that of being an abusive jerk. How would Sklansky handicap this?

--Nate
Old 12-16-2006, 07:05 AM

nate,

Dealing with hustlers of any stripe, as well as psychos, also calls for critical reasoning ability. And if her story is true, then she will do as Oski above said and make a criminal complaint. I do regret posting in this thread, and Oski made the best post in it saying much better both substance and tone-wise what I have been trying to say.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:06 AM

That was put much better than anything Bluff has said, i but i think it was many of his comments not relating to brandi regarding women, strippers, whores, etc... and what they have coming to them that promted my reaction as well as the other ones you are seeing in response to him.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 AM

I don't know "Captain" Tom, but I do believe the poker scene is full of broke misogynistic scumbags, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

And Brandi, assuming this is true, why not go through the normal channels of talking to a lawyer and/or the police?

Btw, if it's true that he tried to coerce you into having sex with him by threatening not to give you back your money, that's called "attempted rape."
Old 12-16-2006, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nate,

Dealing with hustlers of any stripe, as well as psychos, also calls for critical reasoning ability. And if her story is true, then she will do as Oski above said and make a criminal complaint. I do regret posting in this thread, and Oski made the best post in it saying much better both substance and tone-wise what I have been trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff --

Agreed that dealing with hustlers requires criticial thinking. I've spent lots of time in the poker world -- not everyone who navigates it successfully posts as constantly or as arrogantly as you.

How could your posts in this thread exemplify anything approaching good reasoning in the face of a potential hustler? Your behavior is a great example of how not to act. And how is it acceptable to make these searing, "critically reasoned" responses without a shred of decency or compassion -- we should be factoring these into the reasoning too, right?

Nothing you just wrote was more than tangentially relevant to any criticism that has been leveled against you here.

--Nate
Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 AM

nate,

I posted your handicap question in David's forum in this thread, and asked him to take a look at this one and answer it. He knows my posting in these forums well enough to give an answer.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:15 AM

How do some of you sleep at night? Wow!

Brandi:

Sorry to hear about all of that. While I have never been in that situation, I hope it turns itself around. I suggest taking some time off. Clear your head a little. Perhaps go on a vacation? I don't know what your aspirations are, but have you thought about playing online?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that strippers/whores view all men as suckers and try to get their money, and think that they deserve it because men treat women so badly. But when one of their marks turns the tables on them and cons them, they cry rape.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ, you are a dick. I hadn't noticed that before.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nate,

I posted your handicap question in David's forum in this thread, and asked him to take a look at this one and answer it. He knows my posting in these forums well enough to give an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff --

The fact that he knows your posting history detracts from the point I'm trying to make. It would be better if he just knew some biographical facts about you. The point is that tons of respected, smart, informed people constantly think you're way out of line, and you seem totally content to sit back with your rationalizations. Without knowing particulars of the situation, you're a giant underdog to not be in the wrong.

Anyway, argument handicapping should probably be left to the Sklansky forum. The point remains that you've been pretty disgusting in this thread.

--Nate
Closed Thread