Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better
(1) GoldenEye 17 32.69%
(2) Goldfinger 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Meditation and psychedelics poll

[ QUOTE ]
It was a good experience I take it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It hard to put into words what I've experienced, but I'll try my best:

I would definetely say it was a positive experience. I'm typically a loner and mildly introverted but the following day or two I felt a strong need for connection. I've had the same feeling ever since, only slightly diminished after falling back into some of my old patterns.

Also, I've had a mental obsession for smoking marijuana for about 4 1/2 years, everyday. I've always talked about quitting and knew how unhealthy and demotivating smoking it is, but I never had the strength(experience?) to quit. [There is much more to the story - cliffnotes: self medication because of painful and unstable childhood]
Now, ever since my trip, I have not had any of those urges.
It's sounds so cliche, but it's like im back to living life.

I've also been 100X more focused in school, but I attribute that to quitting marijuana, not taking shrooms.

The only appropriate word I can use to describe the experience is awareness. My best guess for the cause of all these changes is insights derived from experiencing another perspective on myself (either that or an extreme placebo effect lol).

I would definetely recommend anybody to try mushrooms once. It is enlighting, especially the last hour when you are in between tripping hard and coherency. Oh and all the crazy colors were pretty sweet too.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was a good experience I take it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It hard to put into words what I've experienced, but I'll try my best:

I would definetely say it was a positive experience. I'm typically a loner and mildly introverted but the following day or two I felt a strong need for connection. I've had the same feeling ever since, only slightly diminished after falling back into some of my old patterns.

Also, I've had a mental obsession for smoking marijuana for about 4 1/2 years, everyday. I've always talked about quitting and knew how unhealthy and demotivating smoking it is, but I never had the strength(experience?) to quit. [There is much more to the story - cliffnotes: self medication because of painful and unstable childhood]
Now, ever since my trip, I have not had any of those urges.
It's sounds so cliche, but it's like im back to living life.

I've also been 100X more focused in school, but I attribute that to quitting marijuana, not taking shrooms.

The only appropriate word I can use to describe the experience is awareness. My best guess for the cause of all these changes is insights derived from experiencing another perspective on myself (either that or an extreme placebo effect lol).

I would definetely recommend anybody to try mushrooms once. It is enlighting, especially the last hour when you are in between tripping hard and coherency. Oh and all the crazy colors were pretty sweet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meditation is for you my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY97P07PMho
Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks nielso im going to watch those videos when I get a chance