Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: You are delt 88...

depends who is behind me. Unless I have people known to be squeezing alot, I call 77-jj 3bet QQ+ . If the table is really loose passive with alot of cold I might play SCs and lower pockets. I would probly also 3 bet lighter.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats what is so great about this situation though: you aren't playing a marginal situation post flop. If there isn't an 8 on the flop you know you're not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, if you know villain will c-bet missed overs, there might be an opportunity to take down the pot.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:53 AM

I call and hope to stack him if i hit a set. If the table is aggro, then i may fold.

With KK+, i re-reaise

all other pocket pairs, i call
Old 10-20-2007, 03:57 AM

call ldo

if the table is loose you will probably get a lot of callers which is great. no one will raise a tight utg raise unless they have a huge hand or are not paying attention.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:09 AM

Why are we making this so hard? If he's tight and is range is AK,AQ,JJ+ our hand plays pretty well. There are 32 unpaired combinations and 18 paired ones. Even if we take out AQo, there are still more unpaired than paired combinations. If the flop comes J high, we are going to win this pot a lot just with the value we hold now. If we hit a set, we'll get paid off a lot. We would have to play our hand more carefully in a multiway pot, but that's ok, we get some extra overlay on the times we make sets to compensate.

The larger point here is that we can play a lot of hands against tight players when stacks are deepish. We know what kinds of hands they will play and what sorts of flops hit those hands. Add to that is the habit that some people have of using a full pot bet with an overpair and a smaller bet with a cbet and that argues more stringly for playing a wider range given the extra info.

There are just not many reasons to not play this hand. A squeeze is unlikely. If it is reraised behind, it's a big hand because the EP played has declared that he has a big hand by raising. So, release the 8's. There no good.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call ldo

if the table is loose you will probably get a lot of callers which is great. no one will raise a tight utg raise unless they have a huge hand or are not paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]