Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: $.05/$.10, 6-max: How do I play this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have a reason to play 75o pre flop ... please explain (there aren't many situations where this hand is playable online)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was $.03 into a pot of $.30 and I decided to play on only if I hit an open-ended straight draw or two pair or better, though that specific two pair I flopped seems difficult to play.

What are the weakest hands you would recommend completing pre-flop here? Any unsuited one-gappers at all below J9o? Was my reasoning (only play on the flop if I hit...) bad, or am I going about it the wrong way altogether?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ... one of those games - I didn't know they had that non-even blind structure online

i guess I would call; it's not just the current odds that's a factor - it's the implied odds on the actual bet size itself ... I believe the standard in that structure is to play almost any two cards (yes?)
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either works and gives you the ability to make a good decision on the turn.

if we didn't see the action after you then its interesting to see what we would say regarding the check or the bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be betting this flop 100% of the time and hoping to get raised so I can 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Being oop with a good hand like this but having a lot of cards to come that can hurt you a value bet is not as effective on the flop as it could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

A value bet is just as effective, it's just that the later streets become more difficult. I'd rather get the easy bets into the pot now so that the pot has padding for when the turn/river cards make life hard.

[ QUOTE ]
Missing the small bet opportunity on the flop if it gets checked around is a mistake, but considering the check/raise value on this hand I think its worth the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing value with two pair when players are willing to pay to draw and might even raise their draws is actually significant in a 6-handed flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I always try and think of the lines that I can play oop on the later streets that are going to protect my hand and give me the most value, by leading out here I am not sure I have a good line if a diamond comes and I have 3 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that you're going to forgo a clear profit 80% of the time for the 20% of the time you don't like the turn card? Are you really losing 4 times as much money on the bad turn cards as you win on the good ones?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have a reason to play 75o pre flop ... please explain (there aren't many situations where this hand is playable online)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was $.03 into a pot of $.30 and I decided to play on only if I hit an open-ended straight draw or two pair or better, though that specific two pair I flopped seems difficult to play.

What are the weakest hands you would recommend completing pre-flop here? Any unsuited one-gappers at all below J9o? Was my reasoning (only play on the flop if I hit...) bad, or am I going about it the wrong way altogether?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ... one of those games - I didn't know they had that non-even blind structure online

i guess I would call; it's not just the current odds that's a factor - it's the implied odds on the actual bet size itself ... I believe the standard in that structure is to play almost any two cards (yes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a sec

you are putting in 3 parts of of 5 part blind ... this is worse!!!

you need to be even tighter in the sb ... for some reason I though the sb was 3c ... but you are calling 3c
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 PM

before we get to subtle...one might consider that if calling is indeed a mistake, regardelss of the reason, its a mistake worth something like 0.05x3c or so... even if you made this mistake 10x100 it will still make an insignificant impact on your winrate.

I think a reason for not calling is that its a slippery slope from this call to calls that are more costly and will occur more frequently, but call or fold here is pretty meh.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 PM

I call here, partially because I think there is value, partially because I don't want to be seen as a huge nit.

Also, if you use the argument that live players are bad enough, and internet players aren't bad enough to be outplayed here, then your image is important.

Heck, I'll play the button at a passive table (FR for sure, maybe not 6-max) with any two suited if everyone else plays too.

Post flop depends on the table, if they're really passive I bet out, but generally I will check raise. I think top pair will be a lot more common than a straight here and odds are you do have the best hand so I 3-bet this flop. The BB and CO provide overlay anyway, should you not have the best hand.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heck, I'll play the button at a passive table (FR for sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM

GRUNCH:

Fold preflop. 75o is not worth even 1/2 SB.

Flop -- do not c/r. C/R here is ludicrous. No one was aggressive preflop, so you don't have any assurance anyone will bet for you.

From the raise... you could be up against a made straight, bigger two pair or set; but most likely you're up against a draw. 3-bang it, call down from cap. If a scare card comes on the turn, you can think about slowing down there as well.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM

I b/c and c/r the turn when a safe card
Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 PM

so just how many bets do you nits need in the pot to be calling? 20:1? 213:1?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 AM

i second everything aaron said