Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM

Default NL 10, Hand played well ?

Hello all, Im new at 2+" and im at the moment of posting to improve my poker !

Asking myself If Ive shoud go All-In at the river to push for a flush-bluff

Any Advice is welcome
Dealt to Squishee_Bob [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Button ($6.40)
SB ($9.90)
BB ($3.15)
UTG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]Vilain)/ ($7.40)
MP ($7.45)

Preflop:
UTG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]Vilain)/ calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.4</font>, UTG :#A500AF(Vilain)/ calls $0.30, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Vilain raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Vilain calls $1.

River: ($3.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Vilain bets $1.4</font>, BB calls $1.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.45

Vilain: shows [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (a straight, Nine to King)
Squishee_Bob: shows [As Ks] (a pair of Kings)
Vilain collected $6.55 from pot
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: NL 10, Hand played well ?

Buy into nl cash for the max buy in, not $3. This is how to play if you had bought in full: Mash the pot button pf and add 1 bb because you are out of position. Lead the flop for 70-85% of the pot size. Fold if you get raised. Lead the turn for 66-70% and fold to any more action. Check fold the river.
As played, every street has a mistake. Mash pot button pf+1bb. Bet 70-85% on flop. Fold to a raise. Shove the turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM

You played this pretty horribly. Your pre-flop raise was way too small. You need to raise to .60-.70 here. Bet the pot or near to it on the flop. If raised, fold. If called, bet again if the turn is a blank. Otherwise check/fold.

And no, a river push would be pretty bad.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:43 PM

you cant call this with 4 hearts and a straight out there. this was played poorly on all streets imo
Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Thanks for all opinions and advice, I dont take it personnal even if there is word like poorly, mistake, etc [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

So if I understand, I should change my way of betting (bet more) and be more aggressive ?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all opinions and advice, I dont take it personnal even if there is word like poorly, mistake, etc [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

So if I understand, I should change my way of betting (bet more) and be more aggressive ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, aggression is good, however you need to realize when you're beat and just give the hand up. A lot of players get stuck with AK simply because they don't hit the flop but think "well it's AK I'm not giving up" and go all the way unimproved. Very bad.

Welcome to the forums though. Keep posting hands and reading other people's posts. Also, read the sticky posts at the top of the forum for a TON of great information.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM

also, dont post the result.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM

you're not going to like this advice probably but try playing at 2nl on pokerstars. its 1-2c blinds with a $5 max buy in (you should always buy in max). After you play, like, 15k hands or something (winning, of course), and you really feel comfortable with the basics of betting and stuff then you should move up to 10nl. Cuz although players suck at 10nl, 2nl is just ridiculous... but its perfect to learn on and kinda get a confidence boost from.