Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: The Well: ama0330

how many 5 yr olds?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Is there a big difference between 25 and 50NL? 50NL and 100NL? 50NL and 25NL seem about the same to me. Haven't tried 100NL yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference as you move up is just a product of mistakes. The higher you go, the less mistakes are being made, and therefore the less you can afford to be making mistakes yourself. In that sense, there is a definite jump between 25 and 50, I find 50nl to play much different to 25nl because the calibre of player is higher.

100nl is different again, but certainly not impossible. Its far more aggressive though.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Any aha moments where things just clicked?

[/ QUOTE ]

My a-ha moment was having a 12bi downswing and realising that, although my posts were always really good, I just played like ass all the time. I realised that poker must be taken seriously and it takes a lot of time, effort and pain and concentration to be good at it.

[ QUOTE ]
3. How often do you stone cold bluff the river with a missed draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I feel I can credibly represent a hand which beats my opponents and also feel that he will lay down then definitely I will do it. I dont bluff too often out of the blue though, I always make sure it is believeable and understandable.

[ QUOTE ]
4. You kind of answered this above but do you do any sort of range / combo math analysis while playing? There was a span where I played 2 tables, focused on putting villains on ranges and trying to calculate on the fly combos and combos I was ahead of and just gave up. I think I've got a good intuition now and just go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont bother with combos or precise equity very often, I leave that for the forums. All my calcs are rough educated guesses. Once you play often enough you will develop an intuition for these things.

FWIW going through EV calcs away from the table and reviewing sessions this way is MANDATORY for improvement.

[ QUOTE ]
5. How do you play against a very aggro villain who keeps 3betting your raises? Usually I try to figure out if my hand is ahead of their range and shove or play back hard on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll formulate a strategy based over several hundred hands to decide just how aggro he is. I'll narrow my raising range, play back at him in position and see what he does. If he is just ape [censored] then I will call cheaply, wait for the nuts and let him "take me off it". I did this to fiksdal a little while back, I made a loose call in position preflop and let him hang himself with Aces because I knew he was hyeper aggro [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poster whose whinnning gets the most on ur nerves?!!? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant say. A few names come to mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me an example of a hand where you believe it was correct to check/raise the flop HU that isn't a complete bluff. I suck at playing from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hand where villain has shown himself to be a habitual c-bettor and has a high steal percentage and a high PFR. Say you have 77 in the SB, he raises and you call. Flop is KJ6 rainbow, you can checkraise him here if he has been misbehaving.

FWIW I dont play back at cbets TOO much. You dont want to make it look like you are playing back at him every time because you dont want him to retreat, you want him to keep putting money in the pot versus you.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many 5 yr olds?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are so bad at this question. They are like LA LA LA 200 5 YEAR OLDS NO PROB! 5 year olds are [censored] DANGEROUS. Trust me, if you have ONE 5 year old pop a decent headbutt to your balls, you are going DOWN. Then they'll start jumping on your head and you are KO'ed.

I would say that a classroom of 5 year olds would take you down EASY. Thats like 30 5 year olds. If they co-ordinated a rush against you, they would take you down by sheer force of weight and numbers. If they knew where to strike, you would not last long at all.

For that reason I would say that 15-20 5 year olds would be the absolute max, you are gonna be in serious pain with much more than that. Remember that in the original thread that the 5 year olds have had training and [censored]. These are badass 5 year olds.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This one is against Gelford, my basic thought process is "gelford is a fish"

lol jk

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not, you actually thought I was a fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Hell, perhaps you're right ??? )

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't actually know you were you at that point. I just figured "he is FOS" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many 5 yr olds?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are so bad at this question. They are like LA LA LA 200 5 YEAR OLDS NO PROB! 5 year olds are [censored] DANGEROUS. Trust me, if you have ONE 5 year old pop a decent headbutt to your balls, you are going DOWN. Then they'll start jumping on your head and you are KO'ed.

I would say that a classroom of 5 year olds would take you down EASY. Thats like 30 5 year olds. If they co-ordinated a rush against you, they would take you down by sheer force of weight and numbers. If they knew where to strike, you would not last long at all.

For that reason I would say that 15-20 5 year olds would be the absolute max, you are gonna be in serious pain with much more than that. Remember that in the original thread that the 5 year olds have had training and [censored]. These are badass 5 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

*golf clap*

very good answer.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 PM

graph and PT shot plzzz also where do you play.. I'd like to see a screenshot of ur games, too see what quality they are, tough/soft
Old 07-12-2007, 05:40 PM

hi ama i am new here and i want to ask something.how many hands a sample size must be so we can have an accurate picture of our play? i believe is 100,000 hands but i am not sure.
thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Cheers ama for doing this.

You made a post recently that said you took some time to completely look over your game, and came back playing much better.
I was wondering what were your stats pre and post the change, and what things in your game that your started doing differently?

Thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]