Plasma 0 0%
LCD 4 57.14%
CRT/DLP 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD JULY

kil,

Do not give her any money. I'm willing to bet she has been playing you all along. Chicks who start talking about money this early in a relationship aren't worth the trouble.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I decided earlier today that if I make more than $1k before Monday, I'm quitting my piece of [censored], dead end job. And fianceé is behind me with whatever I do. My expenses total around ~800-900 a month, with maybe 400 extra for gas/food/fun.. is this out of the question or possibly not bad? I would probably look for a job with better hours I guess, but I would be reluctant to look. My hours right now suck though, they have me working monday at 6:30-12, and wednesday 4:30-12 when I specifically told them I have class at 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday *[censored] you all, I know summer classes blow*. I hate where I'm at in my life right now other than in my relationship status

[/ QUOTE ]
If you only need to average ~$2k per month, I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I don't know what you make in your job, but if it's around that region, this seems fine to me. You'd ideally want a few month's expenses saved though...

A lot of the time when people go pro they are giving up/badly hurting their chances at being able to do anything else in the future, and you aren't doing that.

$2k is pretty easily sustainable at $100 NL. I would infact think that I could hit $2k per month playing ~40k hands per month at $50 NL, long term...

[/ QUOTE ]

My job consists of me making $6.85/hr while slaving in a hot pizza store (85-90 degrees usually). My last check for 40 hours was like $175. I get tips too, but they average out to about $50/week. So my job right now is netting me like ~550, but it doesn't take into account all the gas I have to buy each month. (Prob $100 worth at least)
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kil,

Do not give her any money. I'm willing to bet she has been playing you all along. Chicks who start talking about money this early in a relationship aren't worth the trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm def not giving her any money obv. I was trying to discuss the odds of her scamming me from the beginning with my friend. We figured about 30% chance of her scamming me from the beginning, and her actually liking me as a friend, but then deciding to scamming me was about 40%.

And the rest is just cluelessness. But I was planning on meeting her tomorrow night, if we have no contact then I'll know it's a scam for sure. Then I will ask ssnl for recommendations to re-scam her. "I'll wire you the money, but you need to pay the 120$ fee" or something
Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 PM

Bah. Don't try to rescam her. It's good your not giving her money. Just move on.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah. Don't try to rescam her. It's good your not giving her money. Just move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I decided earlier today that if I make more than $1k before Monday, I'm quitting my piece of [censored], dead end job. And fianceé is behind me with whatever I do. My expenses total around ~800-900 a month, with maybe 400 extra for gas/food/fun.. is this out of the question or possibly not bad? I would probably look for a job with better hours I guess, but I would be reluctant to look. My hours right now suck though, they have me working monday at 6:30-12, and wednesday 4:30-12 when I specifically told them I have class at 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday *[censored] you all, I know summer classes blow*. I hate where I'm at in my life right now other than in my relationship status

[/ QUOTE ]
If you only need to average ~$2k per month, I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I don't know what you make in your job, but if it's around that region, this seems fine to me. You'd ideally want a few month's expenses saved though...

A lot of the time when people go pro they are giving up/badly hurting their chances at being able to do anything else in the future, and you aren't doing that.

$2k is pretty easily sustainable at $100 NL. I would infact think that I could hit $2k per month playing ~40k hands per month at $50 NL, long term...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope u could make 2k/month playing 40k hands at NL50 (thats only 5pt/100!)

tHac, questions....why are u expenses so high holy [censored]?

you know which move to make, why are you questioning it? your job doesn't even pay ur expenses. you can make more money than ur job in rakeback alone

if you really want to print money, just move to NL50 and 8 table

I really think this is the eziest move of ur life. you're not jeopardizing a career (you're still in school!)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope u could make 2k/month playing 40k hands at NL50 (thats only 5pt/100!)

tHac, questions....why are u expenses so high holy [censored]?

you know which move to make, why are you questioning it? your job doesn't even pay ur expenses. you can make more money than ur job in rakeback alone

if you really want to print money, just move to NL50 and 8 table

I really think this is the eziest move of ur life. you're not jeopardizing a career (you're still in school!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose they're not really so high, but here's the rundown:

Rent: 215
Electric: 35-50
Cable/Internet/Phone: 75
Student Loan (Sallie Mae is retarded and won't recognize I'm back in school): 150
Cell Phone: 75
Health Insurance (catastrophic): 50
Community College fees: 250 (I wish I could get financial aid or something)

That totals 850, so I guess it's close to 900
Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Just got back from watching Harry Potter 5 at the cinema. Was pretty good, pretty psyched for the last book next week. Girl I went with asked me to go to WHSmiths with her at midnight next Friday to get the book at the open. I like the books and all, but this is a bit much no?

Also, man alive is Emma Watson (Hermione) fit!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girl I went with asked me to go to WHSmiths with her at midnight next Friday to get the book at the open. I like the books and all, but this is a bit much no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Need pictures of girl before we can advise.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girl I went with asked me to go to WHSmiths with her at midnight next Friday to get the book at the open. I like the books and all, but this is a bit much no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Need pictures of girl before we can advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

dirty old man
Closed Thread