fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

No other sites have rakeback?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:24 AM

Yeah but, I doubt they have the number of tables/players they need to fully grind their limit and "blend in".

I mean.. if they did this on Absolute.. they would be populating every table on the docket.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Again, the beauty of the "sweatshop" system is they could play on ANY site, and ALL SITES at the SAME TIME. They could play at a dozen sites, if there are still that many that allow US players.

But they didn't even try this. No, they quit and went to play "live poker" instead. Lots of rakeback there, eh?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:43 PM

Well presumably if they played live it wouldnt be difficult to verify.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The beauty of a "sweatshop" is that is completely portable. If you can't play at a site for one reason or another, it's a simple matter to open accounts at some other site and you're back in business.

Yet this didn't happen. Full Tilt shut them down and they couldn't bring their system to another site? Why? You have to ask yourself, what's the simplest explanation for that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused...who are we talking about? There are multiple posts in this thread about the alleged bots that started this thread, and how they're back playing again. Who was shut down?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The beauty of a "sweatshop" is that is completely portable. If you can't play at a site for one reason or another, it's a simple matter to open accounts at some other site and you're back in business.

Yet this didn't happen. Full Tilt shut them down and they couldn't bring their system to another site? Why? You have to ask yourself, what's the simplest explanation for that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused...who are we talking about? There are multiple posts in this thread about the alleged bots that started this thread, and how they're back playing again. Who was shut down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was referring to the time during the investigation when FTP froze their accounts for about a month.

Actually, it might be interesting to see Chuck's stats at PS (his logins are public knowledge) during that time and if they're 14/7.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he was referring to the time during the investigation when FTP froze their accounts for about a month.

Actually, it might be interesting to see Chuck's stats at PS (his logins are public knowledge) during that time and if they're 14/7.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhhh...I see now. I had just assumed that their money was tied up, so they awaited the results of the investigation. Naive of me, perhaps.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon further investigation, I retract a couple of my statements and agree with the OP a great deal more. I definitely still remember talking with 1forthethumb and mariojr on more than one occasion, but I just checked in my PT database and over 30,000 hands for each of these players, they have never recorded a single pot with each other.

Sorry for ripping on your claims without solid proof to the contrary OP.

I feel sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Full-Tilt have the same protection as stars where people from the same network can't sit at the same tables? I can never sit with my brother because we have the same billing address. And when I'm at the same internet cafe as a friend we can't sit at the same table.

This could explain the no hands together. They could be similar players that live together. Just trying to throw out other possibilities.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Well, this is an interesting thread. I have no idea if these guys are bots or not. If they are bots, this is a pretty good cover story. I think I sort of agree with Alobar's stance. Either way they are morons.

That's not what I'm most concerned about, though. It sounds like FT did a bad job with this and it really saddens me that the sites STILL don't care.

For anybody interested in the bot threat, I encourage you to take some time to read Darse Billings' thesis from the University of Alberta. It's very long, but very good.

Also, I would still really like somebody to create an excel marco that looks for similarities in player stats. I don't play online anymore and don't have the time/database otherwise I would do it myself.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 PM

ignore my above post...Obv i hadn't finished the thread when i posted.