Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come)

Jman and I both played half sessions. We didn't see that many hands. Had we seen more, we probably would have leveraged our tight image. In live games, no one who has played with me could possibly classify me as a nit. Bottom line... trying to run over Sammy and Eli out of position is not a good idea. You will end up folding a lot of winners with big money in the pot.

Another consideration... I had about 550k at the cage at that time and I was one of the alternates for the 500k min buy. I would have bought in for more and played faster if that wasn't a concern. I think Jman had a similar issue.

The whole thing was a lot of fun for me. I watched all the stuff when I wasn't playing... the 500k min buy session is going to be the best poker TV of all time.

Brandon
Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman and I both played half sessions. We didn't see that many hands. Had we seen more, we probably would have leveraged our tight image. In live games, no one who has played with me could possibly classify me as a nit. Bottom line... trying to run over Sammy and Eli out of position is not a good idea. You will end up folding a lot of winners with big money in the pot.

Another consideration... I had about 550k at the cage at that time and I was one of the alternates for the 500k min buy. I would have bought in for more and played faster if that wasn't a concern. I think Jman had a similar issue.

The whole thing was a lot of fun for me. I watched all the stuff when I wasn't playing... the 500k min buy session is going to be the best poker TV of all time.

Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno how I missed this, it's such a shame it wasn't rigged like online to get some action hands and obv the rake up [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And I would much rather watch the younger players playing in the 500k buyin than just the same old faces. It was interesting when Jman bet his Jacks and Hellmuth was saying "I just dont know anything about him....."

Could really spice things up a bit.

As i've said before I wish there was some way that they recorded all hands dealt and how they were played and this could be accessed online afterwards would make for interesting viewing.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandon - When will this be on TV?