Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Default 10/20 bellagio from a while ago

This hand bugged the crap out of me for a long time... I was just thinking of it today. I'm primarily a limit player FYI and maybe this is simple. Any comments welcome.

10/20 Bellagio. Game seems standard, somewhat LAG. UTG makes it 80 (standard raise for this table). UTG is ok but spews a little, seems to overvalue hands like TP. All fold to me in LP, I make it 300 with AA, 3K behind. Cutoff right behind me cold calls the raise sitting on 8K. UTG thinks briefly and calls with ~4K, all else fold.

Read on cutoff- one of the more LAG players at the table. The table probably sees me as more tight than most, mostly a function of me not having much to play/hitting any hands postflop. I'm giving UTG 99+, A10 suited - AK, maybe KQ suited as a reasonable range. Cutoff's range is wider, but should be reasonable given his double cold call.

Flop- horrible- KKQ rainbow. UTG checks, I check (?) with a plan to evaluate, cutoff checks. Interesting.

Turn- Q, for a board of KKQQ. May have been a two flush out now, can't remember. 900+ in the pot. UTG checks again. I decide to weak lead for 400. My thinking is I can't get played with unless I'm crushed and I can safely fold to a raise. No money goes in on the river unless I hit an ace. Plus, as the reraiser I may have really flopped huge, and my opponents have to give my weak bet a little credit. Cutoff thinks for a little, then announces all in. UTG folds. 2600 to call, 4300 in the pot.

Your action?

THanks

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: 10/20 bellagio from a while ago

you have a tight image, you took ur shot on the turn...easy fold.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 PM

your description of what you did on turn would have worked as well on the flop and not given a free card or induced a bluff you might not want to call...ez fold either way.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM

so you like a flop bet? I think I checked at the time b/c I was so sure I got outflopped my plan was basically to check/fold. I figured either cutoff or UTG outflopped me given the double raise PF. Once the flop got checked around I got my hopes up. Plus my flop check should be viewed as suspicious and my turn bet should not be viewed by them simply as a steal. I do see the merit of not giving a free card or inviting a bluff.

Thanks

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 PM

I check the turn again, and fold as played
Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking is I can't get played with unless I'm crushed and I can safely fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Cutoff thinks for a little, then announces all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

you already solved the problem?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 PM

betting this turn is lighting Gbucks on fire.

don't give $400 to all better hands just to avoid feeling like a wuss when you check/fold AA on a KKQQ board in a 3bet 3way pot. either comfortably fold b/c you have a read or comfortably check/call one street if you don't think he's bluffy but please don't bet/fold here.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 PM

Yeah, I hated my hand so much I seriously thought about doing that. I thought checking twice was too much though in terms of inviting a bluff.

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Thanks.

So you c/c or c/f the turn? How big of a bet are you willing to call assuming cutoff bets and UTG folds? If you're an idiot like me and bet the turn to you fold to the shove?

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

So you c/c or c/f the turn? How big of a bet are you willing to call assuming cutoff bets and UTG folds? If you're an idiot like me and bet the turn to you fold to the shove?

Leon

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously live it all depends on your read. against an unknown i'd probably c/c turn once with my "i could be slowplaying" hesitation move and suspiciously slow check motion and c/f river

easy fold on turn