Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Dealer Falls Asleep In Box

Dealer is bad, but Protect your Hand.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
very weird situation, and i feel bad for the dealer, but he shouldn't have been working. he was in bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

All he needed was a cookie or piece of candy. I bet one of you had some in your pocket. It would have put him right in a very short time.

Ps. He should have had a piece of candy in his pocket also.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 AM

Gee whiz, the dealer fell asleep in the box. BIG DEAL! Who among us has never fallen asleep at work? I know I have, and when I did, the customers I was with at the time didn't gripe about it nearly as much as you guys.

Then again, they were probably too terrified to speak, since I was driving them to the airport at the time...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else feel there should be a ruling about players who fall asleep at the table? it is one of my biggest pet peeves and I hate that the floor/dealer just nudges them to look at their cards and then they can fall back asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the dealer. It's 3 AM. The player in Seat 1 is sound asleep.

I deal him in. When the action gets to him, I don't try to wake him. I just tell him, "It's on you." When he fails to respond, I just muck his hand, and continue with the game.

Why don't I wake him? Because experience tells me that if he puts money in the pot, I'll have to wake him again on every street, and that's a pain in my ass. As long as he doesn't put any money in the pot, I can let him nap, and not be bothered with him.

So far, this isn't an interesting story. It happens all the time. What made tonight's interesting?

When it was Sleeper's turn to post a blind, I again decided not to wake him. I told the player in Seat 2, "You're big blind."

Seat 2 shook Seat 1 awake, and told him, "Hey dude, it's your blind." Seat 1 posted his blind, and managed to stay awake long enough to play this hand, and the next one. When he fell back to sleep, I dealt around him.

Sure enough, Seat 2 woke him again when the blinds came around.

To recap: This guy played every SB and BB, and slept through the rest of the round. There's some +EV tactics for you.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very weird situation, and i feel bad for the dealer, but he shouldn't have been working. he was in bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

All he needed was a cookie or piece of candy. I bet one of you had some in your pocket. It would have put him right in a very short time.

Ps. He should have had a piece of candy in his pocket also.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure that he said his blood sugar was low. i just know that he said he was shaking because of his diabetes. i think he mentioned something about insulin. he was really out of it. i mean, i was afraid for his safety. perhaps having a little sugar may have helped. but he never said anything about that.

it was like dealing with someone who just had a concussion. the guy wasn't making sense half the time, and just wanted to keep dealing even though he was in no shape to do it. like a boxer trying to get back in the ring when he can't walk straight.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure that he said his blood sugar was low. i just know that he said he was shaking because of his diabetes. i think he mentioned something about insulin. he was really out of it. i mean, i was afraid for his safety. perhaps having a little sugar may have helped. but he never said anything about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like low blood sugar, He should know to have something with him, or asked for something, it is really quite dangerous to let your sugar get too low.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she actually falls asleep in the box during the middle of a hand. Actually, she didn't even complete the deal; she fell asleep in between dealing to the hijack and button. Keep in the mind this is about 1:00 in the afternoon. Pretty unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH WOW. Thinking about this i don't know how you can actually fall asleep whilst making dealing motions, i sleep easily and i find this unbelievale...wow just wow
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like low blood sugar, He should know to have something with him, or asked for something, it is really quite dangerous to let your sugar get too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure does! My dad was a diabetic and I can remember when he would have insulin reactions (Low Blood Sugar) being anything from him having a regular soda(with sugar) to actually having to physically carry him out of work and load him into a vehicle to get him to the ER. When a reaction gets out of control it is very hard to tell if the person is drunk or not if you do not know they are diabetic. It is also hard for a person having a reaction to help themselves once it gets past a certain point. They lose a lot of their reasoning ability, to correct it themselves, and it goes from bad to worse.

If anyone is acting strange and they mention Diabetes they need to stop what they are doing and take care of the problem.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I blame all of this on the dealer,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, blame it on whoever woke the dealer a few hands previously. They obviously don't understand cause and effect.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 AM

A dealer at Foxwoods once fell asleep in the middle of a hand at the 75-150 game.

He then became a dual rate!

As a dual rate his biggest mistake was one time:

Player is playing 4-8 gives dealer a black($100) chip and asks for yellow($2) chips. Dealer properly calls floor over(brand new dealer)

Now Dual rate watches dealer bring out 12 and a half stacks of $2 chips, says "ok" and walks away.

Player finds a different floor and explains what happens.

He eventually got fired for accidentally bringing home one of the keysets that allows the opening and closing of table racks.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same thing happen to me at 6am at the Taj once

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably Brent. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've never seen anyone look tired 100% of the time they work other than him.