Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Dare I say it

[ QUOTE ]
With a controlled number of posters ala El D forum, doesn't that exclude some High Stakes Tourney players from posting who are not MTT regulars, but may want to post in such a forum?

I'm thinking of High Stakes cash guys who play $10K events because it only costs their usual buy-in, or pros who don't post a lot, but may if the forum exisited.

Don't get me wrong Justin, I think you did a good job in going against your first instinct and listening to others, but I think the exclusive poster list will shut out the type of guys we would want to post who currently don't and would be missed.

Glad its split though....thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize Justin can edit the list, right?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:27 PM

By restricting right to "post", did you mean ability to comment as well as start threads, or only the latter like ElD forum?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darcy,
Guys like Temp Hutter and the like who don't post often will be included. If a 10k buyin regular wants to discuss something they need only PM me and I will get them in. I don't think that should happen very often. But I do foresee an influx of big names coming to the forum as it will *hopefully* evolve into the #1 MTT theory board on the internet. The controls are in place only to make sure that this evolution takes place.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

That great if those guys *know* how to get on the list, please make sure its stickied at the top of the new forum.

Thanks again Justin, you have been great for the MTT group!

Regards,
Darcy
Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Darcy,
Guys like Temp Hutter and the like who don't post often will be included. If a 10k buyin regular wants to discuss something they need only PM me and I will get them in. I don't think that should happen very often. But I do foresee an influx of big names coming to the forum as it will *hopefully* evolve into the #1 MTT theory board on the internet. The controls are in place only to make sure that this evolution takes place.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

That great if those guys *know* how to get on the list, please make sure its stickied at the top of the new forum.

Thanks again Justin, you have been great for the MTT group!

Regards,
Darcy

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be very noticeable.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize Justin can edit the list, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

I'm just thinking that some low count poster like Sheets, Randy Jenesen, Barry Greenstein, or Daniel Negraneu comes by, sees the forum and cannot post, then they simply will not.

The four I mentioned are just off the top of my head of who has posted at 2+2, play 10K buy ins and usually doesn't post in MTT, as an example. I am sure there are lots of others who fit this profile.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 PM

i dont think i like the idea :-/ why not just do simple seperate by buyin?

edit: i'm not against it, i just dont really get it.. yet. gonna think about it more though. it's definitely an improvement, though
Old 05-18-2007, 08:51 PM

also, it's everyone can reply, but only some can start threads.. right?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With a controlled number of posters ala El D forum, doesn't that exclude some High Stakes Tourney players from posting who are not MTT regulars, but may want to post in such a forum?

I'm thinking of High Stakes cash guys who play $10K events because it only costs their usual buy-in, or pros who don't post a lot, but may if the forum exisited.

Don't get me wrong Justin, I think you did a good job in going against your first instinct and listening to others, but I think the exclusive poster list will shut out the type of guys we would want to post who currently don't and would be missed.

Glad its split though....thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Darcy,
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out P5s! or RGP! or NWP! or FCP! or...

wait, wtf
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM

so i see my premonition was correct. its going to become a group that willfully excludes others from contributing.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Watch out P5s! or RGP! or NWP! or FCP! or...

wait, wtf

[/ QUOTE ] \

Evg,

I chalk it up to the generation gap, but can you please state what exactly what you want to say clearly for us older folk?

Including reasoning is good too, you are smart and should share that more than you currently do.

Thanks,
Woodguy
Closed Thread