Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Post your likes & dislikes of multiplayer

yeah I am getting those shirts made up right now.

And yes, I bad repped him for having low skill, n00bz!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:16 PM

its all about a well thrown grenade and one headshot with BR, AR whores cant touch you
Old 10-11-2007, 02:49 AM

Ok, I just owned the [censored] out of a bunch of people on Guardian once I started dual wielding plasma rifle and smg's. Worked better than the AR and nades. I was killing people in a matter of seconds. It seemed ridiculously easy to get head shots with it, maybe because it was close range, I dunno....

Secondly, team work was once again key.

I played against a team on snowbound that was camping in the caves/bases, but my team was up by like 5. We just chilled at the top of a base, and shot the [censored] out of them once they came out. I mean, how dumb is that strategy???? We were up, and they for some reason thought we were going to chase them??? final score was like 37 to 29 or something, lame ass game. Then later my team was owned on Zanzibar in fagsticks/penisrods.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Is there like a 2+2 clan that I'm not aware of? Lets all get a game going or something. I know that there is another thread for this but the name I play on is DirtyPirates someone add me.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there like a 2+2 clan that I'm not aware of? Lets all get a game going or something. I know that there is another thread for this but the name I play on is DirtyPirates someone add me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No clans anymore, friends lists, though they might add clans later.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM

Bungie said on their most recent round up that they will not add clans to Halo 3. the only exception would be if Live adds clans, then they said they would update the matchmaking software to include this. But they did say that they were not currently working on, or looking into, creating clans for Halo 3.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Try a combo of the Plasma rifle in one hand and a mauler in the other. You won't even need your melee. It's fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good tip man, tried this out last night, quite enjoyed it. I am beginning to get a bit frustrated by my lack of skill with the sniper rifle though. And I dont even bother picking up the spartan laser because I suck so bad with it.

Are there any sites that have good breakdowns of the multiplayer maps?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Try a combo of the Plasma rifle in one hand and a mauler in the other. You won't even need your melee. It's fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good tip man, tried this out last night, quite enjoyed it. I am beginning to get a bit frustrated by my lack of skill with the sniper rifle though. And I dont even bother picking up the spartan laser because I suck so bad with it.

Are there any sites that have good breakdowns of the multiplayer maps?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the main reasons I liked all the shotty/sniper team slayers. It made you use the sniper and after a bunch of games (and I mean a lot) I actually felt pretty comfortable w/ it.

As far as breakdowns go, I'm not really sure, but my suggestion would be to run through some of your saved videos for players that are pwning. Check out their lines and learn from them.

I would also suggest memorizing where the following weapons are on each level and CONSTANTLY check to see if those weapons respawn. At least these are the weapons I look for as I know I can get a decent amount of kills w/ them:

Rocket Launcher
Sword
Gravity Hammer
Shotgun
Mauler - though there are plenty around it's always good to know esp when it combos so well w/ everything.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 PM

The sword sucks in Halo 3. I have probably killed more people who had the sword so far than I did the entire time in Halo 2. Its ridiculously easy actually since the AR is a strong enough weapon.

The gravity hammer is also fairly useless IMO. Shotty is only real sexy in shotty/sniper. Basically any weapon that you have to be close, isn't that great, because its so easy to take peoples shields down, especially if you use teamwork.

One weapon that I am picking up everything I see it is the needler. The brute shot is also a must. Both of these demolish people, and for some reason people rarely pick them up. BR is cool too.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM

Ace - Any vids you can recommend? I havent really downloaded any and havent attempted to sift through the stuff on the Bungie.net forums yet.

TSC - Agree with pretty much everything you said there. Sword not so good any more, in fact I love when people pick up the sword on The Pit. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the needler and brute shot as well.

I still wish the pistol was back to its Halo 1 form. I loved using the pistol on Halo 1.