Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Default 25NL - Too weak? QQ facing weird 5x pot size bet on flop

This is my first hand to ever post! So, I'll start off by saying thank you so much for all that has bene put in to these forums =). OMW to being a real student, so forgive me if I did anything wrong.

No real reads on Villain. I saw him chatting with another regular as if they hadn't seen eachother in a bit, but that's all. I also only have 90 hands on him.

His stats for those 90 hands are as follows:
VP$IP: 27.9%
PFR: 1.2% (??? not sure wth)
AT: 3.3% (higher than his pfr? I'm really confused at this point)
Cbet: 100%

I'm 4tabling (yes I'm newb), which is mainly what I attribute to not having any real feel for this guy.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $32.25
UTG: $42.15
UTG+1: $60.15
UTG+2: $5
Hero (MP1): $33.55
MP2: $6.70
CO: $11.45
BTN: $31.40
SB: $5.10

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10.25</font>, Hero folds

My thoughts on the hand, please please correct my lines of thinking if I am wrong, are that if I'm beat, we're definitely stacking off turn or river with the way he is betting the flop, or if I raise flop he's folding or I'm faced with a tougher decision when he reraises. All of this for 2 bucks or so that is in the pot. Granted I'm probably ahead of his range the majority of the time, but I dunno. I'm obviously confused a bit about the player's stats, his big raise.

Part of me thinks I gave him way too much credit and played super weak. The other part thinks I made an ok fold and can justify it by finding another spot where I am more of a clear favorite. (ew sounds a bit too much like tourney thinking and not cash)

Help, any advice at all is greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Too weak? QQ facing weird 5x pot size bet on flop

Something else to consider.. "what my opponent thinks I have", I'm playing 14/7.8/2.9 at this table for about 100 hands.

Which is part of what makes me think he put me on broadway type cards and was praying I missed. On the other hand he might know I have a big PP and thinks I'll stack off.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM

What a gross situation to be in. Have you seen villain make this type of bet before? It looks to me like a medium PP trying to figure out if you've got a high pair or AK. I might be wrong, but I'd call here and shove river if checked to. If he had 77/33 he certainly would've checked to snap off a cbet from AK/AQ and build a bigger pot. It makes no sense for him to make this huge donk bet and chase off hands that'll give him a bet or two.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:31 AM

raise 5xBB preflop
call flop, play passivly and let him bet more.
these overbets are usually bluffs or PP.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Tough spot. He could very well have a lone 7, or something like A,3 and uber-donk-protecting it from the flush draw. I dont think I like playing for stacks here.. with no reads, I'm folding most of the time. If he's making ridiculous bets like this continuously, you'll bust him on another hand.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM

I guess folding canīt be wrong considering that we only invested 1$ and are going to play for 33.. I think Villain is afraid of the flush draw.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:09 PM

odd behaviour. u could call, but that pretty much commits you. I don't see this being the play with 77/33 tho, so i think are likely ahead.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like a medium PP trying to figure out if you've got a high pair or AK. I might be wrong, but I'd call here and shove river if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who bets 5 x's the pot just to define an opponents hand? This doesn't look like villain is fishing for information at all.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be a med. pp, but if it is, this is a bluff. This is a pretty difficult situation to put the opponent on a hand. Considering villain's preflop numbers, I know it's a small sample size, it could be AA or KK and a planned play. It could be a poorly played AXc. Maybe A3. Maybe an AK/AQ/AJ bluff. Maybe 77. How can you know? Only you would know whether or not you have a rep. at the table of laying hands down too easily or if you have a tendency to call just about anything (your numbers don't support this).
I think you have to fold, if you're not 75 percent sure that this is a bluff. I would assign this maybe a 20% chance of a bluff, twice as high as the regular 10% I assign bluff chances, b/c the only evidence I have of this villain being a complete donk is the wild flop bet. That's not enough.
My guess would be AA or KK, planned move.