Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 AM

Default New hand history session reviewer!

Altho this is a kind of crosspost from SSNL, I figured this place is one where it might be needed the most. I promised to not abandon you once ascending to the higher limits and I hope this somewhat contributes towards fulfilling that promise, so here goes!

About a year ago, I got an idea from the hand history swapping circles that were held on some of the forums here. Basically the idea was to create a hand history reviewer application usable from the browser where you could give street-by-street commentary on a whole table session instead of an individual hand.

I made a draft back at the time which was a bit clumsy, but now, one year later, I finally made it work using AJAX technology.

Here's an example of a reviewed history.
http://www.tensevensuited.com/reviewer/view.php?id=18

It's still in Beta phase and everything from layout to the actual system is constantly being developed. It's obviously also free to use by anyone and in fact, I'd like to have people test it out to plug out bugs and stuff.

It currently supports FTP, Party Poker and PokerStars hand histories for No Limit cash games. More formats and games will also be added in the future, but since I'm a NL player myself, I decided this'd be appropriate place to begin.

Sooooo... What is possible at the moment:
<ul type="square"> [*]Creation of public or private histories [*]Granting rights to a person or a group of your choise[*]Browsing through other (public) histories[*]Reviewing a session submitted by another person[*]Filtering through the history for VP$IP/Showdowned/Reviewed hands[/list]
Because we know not every player wishes to share his screenname and/or session, I made it possible for users to submit private hand histories. These histories are only visible to the person submitting them and to the people he gives rights to. This way, in an activity such as the hand history exchange, people can make private histories and only show them to other people.

There will soon a button to view the hands in a forum format too so it'll be easy to copy-paste the history into the forums for further discussion.

Using the features other than browsing do require registration to the www.tensevensuited.com, but that's a quick step to make.

I'd be delighted to see at least some people try it out and give out experiences. I'm working hard to make it work for everybody. Suggestions are also welcome since like I said, it's still somewhat under development!

// Vamm [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: New hand history session reviewer!

looks really great! I'll definitely have a closer look in the next few days.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 AM

Nice work mate.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Bump for the americans
Old 05-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Hmm I looked at the thing and also signed up at your site, but what is it exactly? Is it like hands you can post in a row and then comment on every street. Do you have to copy paste all the hands after one another or what? It looks nice though and the comments in your example were funny.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:58 PM

:blackdot: for later
Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm I looked at the thing and also signed up at your site, but what is it exactly? Is it like hands you can post in a row and then comment on every street. Do you have to copy paste all the hands after one another or what? It looks nice though and the comments in your example were funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly that except, you actually submit a whole file, basically through a normal file browsing interface, so it's pretty smooth and no copy-pasting whatsoever is required.

This is kind of what makes it a supreme tool for something like the Session review pairings, since people can privately switch and review each others histories so what we're essentially doing is removing the tough and annoying to use tools from the process that only made the reviewing more difficult (Excel etc), since they obviously weren't meant for this purpose.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM

Haha I just saw it's an entire session, I just thought it were individual hands posted behind eachother, but it's a sequence. This might bring more depth into analyzing each others play. How long did it take you to create this? lol
Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Wow that's awesome. I can't believe someone didn't make something like this sooner.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that's awesome. I can't believe someone didn't make something like this sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda what I thought! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Garompo, it took quite a while! ;D I hope the results are pleasing tho!