Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Took a shot @ 400nl, got crushed, plz help

I looked at about 9 hands before I realized you were really just trying to say "look at how bad I run." Best that you re-post this stuff in BBV. You might get what you're looking for there (e.g., pity, pat on the back, etc.).

There were a couple hands that could be analyzed, but you have to realize they get lost in the big string of BBV hands, and therefore nobody is really that excited in giving in-depth analysis. For example, I think you can get away from hand 4 and 9, but if you are serious about feedback then just post the real feedback hands without the mix of BBV hands. Try posting one hand at a time (or two or three at most). You'll get better feedback here.

Or, if you want someone to analyze more than a dozen hands at a time, you should seriously consider hiring a coach.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Thanks for all of the responses so far guys. I'm sure I'll get back from my trip in a month, look back at this thread, and say "wow, i must of been tripping." Just needed some advice on the non-cooler hands, mainly the overpairs that I guess I'm overplaying somewhat.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all of the responses so far guys. I'm sure I'll get back from my trip in a month, look back at this thread, and say "wow, i must of been tripping." Just needed some advice on the non-cooler hands, mainly the overpairs that I guess I'm overplaying somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post hands individually and you will get much better advice. When you make one of the threads half the replies are going to be of: stop complaining, you suck, etc.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Post hands individually and you will get much better advice. When you make one of the threads half the replies are going to be of: stop complaining, you suck, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv., and as I've stated only reason I did that was cuz I'm leaving for a while and won't be playing seriously like I am now, so I wanted to get whatever feedback I could before I left. Guess I was a little frazzled by my bad run combined with a lil anxiety about my trip.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv., and as I've stated only reason I did that was cuz I'm leaving for a while and won't be playing seriously like I am now, so I wanted to get whatever feedback I could before I left. Guess I was a little frazzled by my bad run combined with a lil anxiety about my trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running bad sucks so much. I just broke out of a break even stretch of 100K hands of mid stakes poker. Just realize that you are in it for the long term. You don't need to move up to 400 NL especially if you cannot handle the variance right now. If you have to, just keep building up so much profit at 200 NL then by the time you get to 400 NL you can drop a few buyins and not have it impact your bankroll significantly.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to move up to 400 NL especially if you cannot handle the variance right now. If you have to, just keep building up so much profit at 200 NL then by the time you get to 400 NL you can drop a few buyins and not have it impact your bankroll significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I planned on making another 10 BI's at 200nl and then moving back up again with a 5 BI BR. I still have over 50 BI's @ 200nl, should I stick with this plan, or grind out more BI's at 200nl before taking a 400nl shot, and/or move up with more than a 5 BI shot BR?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to move up to 400 NL especially if you cannot handle the variance right now. If you have to, just keep building up so much profit at 200 NL then by the time you get to 400 NL you can drop a few buyins and not have it impact your bankroll significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I planned on making another 10 BI's at 200nl and then moving back up again with a 5 BI BR. I still have over 50 BI's @ 200nl, should I stick with this plan, or grind out more BI's at 200nl before taking a 400nl shot, and/or move up with more than a 5 BI shot BR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't completely switch from one stake to another. Say you usually play 6 tables of 200 NL, well next session try just one or two tables of 400 NL and keep the others as 200 NL. Get a feel for how the new game plays compared with your current game.

I'd also say it's a good idea to have a specific number in mind where you absolutely have to rebuild and can no longer play 400 NL unless you get back up to that number. In your case I would make that number either 8k or 10k. So as long as you have over 10k in your account you are feel to play as much 400 NL as you like. If you drop below that number you absoluetly have to rebuild. Depending on your tolerance for risk your number could be higher or lower than the ones I mentioned.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:12 AM

exactly. bunch of bad beats. 2/4 will do that to you. you get lots of bad beats there. A lot more than 1/2.

hand1: I think I would just call the flop unless he donks a lot. when he bets pot on turn even when you raised flop, you are behind and can fold imo

hand2: fine

hand3: fine

hand4: fine although he seems passive so I could fold turn but I never do. maybe result oriented bc I can see the results

hand5: well, you are behind obv. count your odds

hand6: fine

hand7: I would raise preflop. and ye, I get it AI on the flop too

hand8: fine

hand9: fine

hand10: I dont know.

hand11: fine I think, I might b/f river tho.

hand12: fine

hand13: c-bet, as played fine imo

hand14: fine

hand15: raise river
Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 AM

Looks like my shots at 400nl almost [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at aces and kings, really u have to learn to throw those away at times. you raise pre-flop so villian knows your strong, so when he starts betting into you like that you know he has you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wtf. This is pretty terrible analysis. Hand 1 I'm definitely getting it allin with a fistpump. Hand 2 I fold regardless of how donkish his preflop stats are - your beat here almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. Yes if hes playing a donk or loose bluffer id shove it in most of the time, but against any solid player you will almost be up against a set or two pair in this situation. you pre flop raised and showed so much strength, yet this guy is betting into you that should ring alarm bells. Its definately not a clear cut decision but u can get away from it imo.