Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Standard haircut tip?

[ QUOTE ]
Tip whatever you want, she should have given you the 5 dollars then you can tip whatever you want. This is absurd, A TIP IS NOT MANDITORY! People, stop tipping out of tradition, this is madness, they are paid wages for their work. If they don't like it they can get a new job. Tipiing is nuts. This isn't saying that I don't tip but I don't tip a pizza boy who is actually getting a break froma stinky kitchen and gets to drive and listen to his music. He doesn't need a damn tip, hes doing his simple job. A tip is for extra work or a better than average service, not for everyone. -Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot. delivery drivers (I was one) DO NOT do anything else! That is his job, in his car, with his gas mileage.

GOD, honestly people like you should be carted onto some magical island with a sign that says "bombing test site".

Waiters make 2.15 plus tips, dealers need tips, delivery boys need tips. If you can't afford to tip, don't put yourself in a position like that, and if you can and dont, have fun when that karma comes back to you.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tip whatever you want, she should have given you the 5 dollars then you can tip whatever you want. This is absurd, A TIP IS NOT MANDITORY! People, stop tipping out of tradition, this is madness, they are paid wages for their work. If they don't like it they can get a new job. Tipiing is nuts. This isn't saying that I don't tip but I don't tip a pizza boy who is actually getting a break froma stinky kitchen and gets to drive and listen to his music. He doesn't need a damn tip, hes doing his simple job. A tip is for extra work or a better than average service, not for everyone. -Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot. delivery drivers (I was one) DO NOT do anything else! That is his job, in his car, with his gas mileage.

GOD, honestly people like you should be carted onto some magical island with a sign that says "bombing test site".

Waiters make 2.15 plus tips, dealers need tips, delivery boys need tips. If you can't afford to tip, don't put yourself in a position like that, and if you can and dont, have fun when that karma comes back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Que Mr. Pink...

Swede
Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Que Mr. Pink...

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing a reservoir dogs reference?

A little buzzed, and still pissed about people's ignorance,

Eric
Old 01-21-2006, 12:40 AM

Uh, I usually hand a 20 and say, can I get X back?

Like at school, my haircut is 9.50 and I give a 20 and ask for 7 back usually.

And while I'm home it's like 13 or something, and I ask for 3 or 4 back.

Does no one else do this?
Old 01-21-2006, 12:47 AM

Am I the only one who didn't know it was customary to tip when you get a hair cut?

I feel like an [censored] now...not really though.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:31 AM

My haircuts cost $12 and I usually give a $2 tip if they did a good job. If they did something extraordinary I might give $3. I usually get my cut from who I think is the owner of the place and if he is he is keeping the whole price of the haircut anyway.

In the case of the girl assuming you were going to give her $5 and acting so as to embarrass you, I would have given her nothing with a big smile and a thank you for the haircut.

More on this topic in Tipping for my haircut
Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own a salon. Guys' haircuts range from $25-$30, and the tips range from $5-$10. Girls' range from $40-$58, and tips range from $5-15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, [censored], I thought I was tipping fine but I've been tipping $10 on $65 to hair-cutter-guy and $5 for hair wash chick. This too little? [censored], if it is I'm going to be embarrassed.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 PM

I have been going to one of those old school barbers for the last yr or two where they still use straight razors, I get charged $9 for a haircut, which is ridiculously cheap so I tip $6.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 PM

I was used to paying about $90 for a cut in NYC and tipping around $25. Since I moved to baltimore, the place I like only costs $35 but I kept my tip the same. I figure they do as good a job as the fancy salon in NY and I'm still saving money so reducing the tip, while standard, kind of sucks.Plus, I only go about 4 times a year - I'd probably tip less if I went monthly.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I only go about 4 times a year - I'd probably tip less if I went monthly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I go twice as often as you, and though I hate spending $65 per cut its a good cut and they do fine work. Soooooo, maybe I am undertipping. I think I'll up the tip from $10 to $15.