Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: 25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
you should have charity tables that play like bad beat tables- except when you the bad beat occurs, you can contribute to the charity of your choice and pokerstars will match half the jackpot. That would be for the people who play more for pleasure than profit I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this.

another idea was to have a "tip the dealer button" that gives to a current charity of the week, e.g. when you have had a good session. This could be matched by pokerstars up to the amount of your rake for the day.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Awesome Daniel! Truly making PS a better site. Before I couldn't stand it but I might have to put more $ on there should situations continue to improve.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM

Daniel, thanks a bunch for your work to improve the site, no matter how much complaining we do we are in fact, quite grateful. so i guess im gonna drop a couple of thoughts i have in here, hopefully they get some hits.

first things, the shortstacker ratholer problems. i dont have a problem at all with shortstackers who are takings shots at the games, etc, and if they win they arent comfortable playing that deep, so they quit. however, i do think there is a problem when they can rejoin 30 minutes later, rinse, repeat. i think the best solution for this is to merely increase the time they must wait to rejoin the table. something like 2.5-3 hours should be sufficient. it would greatly reduce the number of ratholers making everyones life miserable. this seems like a very easy problem to fix, and i dont see why it hasnt already been implemented.

50-1 nl. i know you are trying to take things slow, and thats great, just a mention of the idea would be great. a lot of people are timid to make the jump from 25-50 directly to 100-200.

the HU tables. i like how they put in the 5-10 HU tables and stuff, and i think that experiment went well for pokerstars, are there any plans to include up to 25-50 nl HU tables? that would be fantastic. anyways, thats all i got, thanks again for helping us to improve pokerstars.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lower the rake in high stakes games?

Full Tilt's is lower, thus more action.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars constantly preaches that while it has no rakeback it offers the lowest or is at least tied for the raked site out there. And yet the rake is much higher for 100/200 NL and 200/400 NL on Stars (as well as 200/400 - 1k/2k limit) than Full Tilt. Stars should live up to what its claiming. 5$ rake is just bad mojo for Stars, its not going to make them that much more money but itll be enough to get everyone to play on Tilt that plays high stakes (100/200 NL+) and thats just not good for Stars.

Lower the rake down to Tilt's rake.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People talk about playing deep stacked, but go look at Full Tilt and you'll see nobody playing there. Might as well forget about it.

Its a very small percentage of players (namely, the big winners alot of whom are 2+2ers) who want to play deep and want to get rid of shortstackers. The vast majority of players want it left as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because people aren't playing those games does not mean "the vast majority of players want it left as is." The vast majority wouldn't notice if the min BI moved up to 50 and the max was 200.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ANTES IN NO LIMIT HOLDEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These exist, they are just invisible.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 PM

can tell stars to get some high limit heads up limit hold em tables? like 100-200 and up
Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ANTES IN NO LIMIT HOLDEM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These exist, they are just invisible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
fnord_too
"gets" sklansky

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM

fyi, there is no chance for chinese poker on pokerstars and there will never be. Lee Jones was doing a WCOOP broadcast, and said that chinese poker (personally, i've never played it so i'm just passing along the information) can be memorized and be beaten, and thus will never be added to pokerstars, ever.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]