Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: The Office 11/8

Does anyone else think the way Jim acted in this episode goes back to the last episode where he basically got bitched at by Karen for acting like a kid "still doing" all these practical jokes and such.
And also, for some reason Jim did not seem all that interested in Pam this episode imo.
Prediction: Jim and Karen back together possibly behind Pam's back my the end of the season...if there is an end to the season.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 AM

I dunno. I thought the other episode showed with second life that Pam wasnt as in to Jim as Jim is in to Pam. I figured that was going to be the demise of their relationship
Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 AM

People in the weekly OOT Office thread have been predicting/seeing strife in the Pam + Jim relationship and I'm still not seeing it.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:30 AM

i mean...realistically, 2 people as seemingly similar as jim and pam cannot carry on a relationship imo
jim needs someone more cutting edge...and Karen seemed like she would be willing to jump back on the jim train in a heartbeat, so that's my prediction.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I thought the other episode showed with second life that Pam wasnt as in to Jim as Jim is in to Pam. I figured that was going to be the demise of their relationship

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that, but they are definitely building up to some stupid drama bomb with Jim. Seriously, WTF are they doing to Jim? I do not approve.

I've always feared the show would crash after Jim and Pam finally got together. I was hoping the Jim/Pam thing would just coast this season and [censored] would lighten up. A return to less dramatic, silly old Office shenanigans after the drama of season 3.

All the characters seem a lot darker in a bad way this season. Toby is really turning out to be an unlikeable spiteful bastard. Phyllis is acting real bitchy so far in almost every episode. Dwight is much more [censored] crazy, creepy and violent (this isn't necessarily bad). Michael has also been much more lame in general as many have observed. It also feels like they don't know how to balance all these characters...Andy was such a force for a while but now he's really been put on the back burner. On the other hand, I don't know...I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

This episode had some very funny [censored] in it but it also had some pretty lame stuff too. I'm not too sure I like where they are headed with the show this season, but we'll see.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 AM

There were some good moments in this one, all of the Creed and Andy scenes as always, the knives, Dwight with the rifle, "The sun is in the two thirds easterly quadrant which would make it about [glances at watch] 2 o'clock in the afternoon."
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 AM

Quick thought: As more flaws appear in Jim's character, I began thinking: What exactly is Jim good at? He's not overly talented in sales (though he has worked out a good routine with Dwight), he has shown relatively poor management skills, he readily admits that he doesn't want to be at the company, etc. Why is he the #2? Is it all his personality?

I actually would be willing to accept the personality answer, because I honestly think that is a representation of reality in an actual office setting.

Thoughts?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Does anyone know if Packer was chedules to make an appearance this season? It's just what the show needs.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:32 PM

I thought this was a very good ep. The birthday thing was just fantastic on all points.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:54 PM

Maybe the birthday cake thing kinda hits home more for people who work in an office or similar setting and have dealt with whiney co-workers about wanting their birthday "respect" or w/e. I just don't know people who do this.