Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: TP on prd flop (short handed)

I don't mind the turn donk, nor the call. You're getting about the right odds for a four-outer, plus the times BB shows up with 99/TT/Jx/spades. River call looks good. If button is loose/passive, his line looks like a jack. Don't discount a four, but I think it's a jack pretty often.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:28 PM

nerdking,

[ QUOTE ]
flop hero leads for value. this jams up any cbet from a missed AQ/AK/AT that sort of thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Also, I'm a borderline ABC nit and I'm raising ace-high on this flop a non-negligible % of the time so any info you get from a bet is suspect.

Fantam,

[ QUOTE ]
I would have led the flop with the possible best hand. If the BB raised, I would have called to see if my hand improved on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a 2-outer if behind unless he has Jx
Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the flop as played: on guy bets on this flop and gets two callers. Just give up (RIO).

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. This is not an RIO situation. You're getting 11:1 here and you have top pair, a possible winner.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is certainly an RIO situation, but the pot odds are indeed quite good so you could argue that a call on the flop is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

contradiction?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 PM

No, it's not a contradiction. RIO means you stand to lose money on later rounds. However, if the pot is big enough you may stand to lose more by surrendering your current equity in the pot.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:08 PM

I would have led the flop with the possible best hand. If the BB raised, I would have called to see if my hand improved on the turn.

I would have led the turn, and 3-bet the BB (pf raiser) if he raised, as I would consider that I was probably ahead of his likely range.

If UTG or the button raised my turn bet, I would have called to see if I improved to a boat.

If no one other than the BB had shown any resistance, I would have bet the river.