Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

View Poll Results: Should the state feed prisioners in jail?
No, they can make it with private charity 0 0%
yes, Im a jackbooted thug 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Play a hand with me (NLTRN)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't give up small raises easily in the BB .

[/ QUOTE ]

You have manhood issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I suppose to be insulted ?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at .
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think J8 is really that close. I'd shove it here against a lot of players but we don't really have a ton of info about this guy. He does seem to be raising a lot, if he raises the next 2/3 or so of buttons I think that might be enough to shove here.

It's possible he calls super light, which is bad for us, but I think it's more than likely that we have enough FE to shove J8o in this match very soon. Some might argue to shove it now, but I think it's too uncertain/early to know we likely are making a profitable move.

Calling with J8 here would be very bad, like K6 or whatever last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a close decision .

Chicago , your strategy is very weak tight imo . Do you realize that you should be defending your bb around 30-40% of the time at a 6-max table ? You may want to read Wookie's post on defending from the bb . (google it)

This is heads up and you aren't even facing a big raise and yet you think calling is bad?

I agree with the previous poster who said that the decision is close .
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM

In practice, I agree with Chiry - I bascially never call raises from the BB once we get < 15BB. I always either push or fold.

My logic is that since you are at a disadvantage postflop, you might as well get the money in preflop. (Unless the opp has weaknesses you can exploit, which I don't really see here). I'm not really sure if this is right or not.

As for the actual hand, I voted to fold - but I'm on the fence - I think pushing could be ok too (he's gotten super aggressive since the blinds went up).
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM

It's push or fold at around 12 big blinds or less .

We've had this discussion a million times in the past and I even presented an article from Chris Ferguson about this topic .
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM

link?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM

Jay, you never actually presented the 12 point rule, you only mentioned it and offered to send it to certain people via pm.

There is no good reason to fold this hand. The K6 is different here, because 8 is stronger than 6, and this hand can create draws. I voted call, although I can see push. But there is no way I am folding this. We are practically guaranteed our odds at this point.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm really apprehensive about calling this, based on stack size to blind ratio we've got. I think it's push or fold here, and IMO a close decision either way. I would lean toward a push though because of our percieved image. We've basically been folding machines the whole game (or at least very much so recently), and we've never 3-bet this guy as of yet. If he's paying attention, he's got to respect a push, and he'll fold a huge piece of his range here, especially considering he's been raising quite a bit. I'm voting push.

And yes, we've been card dead for the last 10 or so hands.

edit: and now I'm surprised to see that I'm the only one that voted push. Between calling and folding, I'd lean a bit toward folding. There aren't many ways we can play this well postflop after calling. IMO the obvious best way is to donk almost every flop. But I think we'd be easy to take advantage of if we did that.

Tough situation.

edit2: I'll move this hand along later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jay, you never actually presented the 12 point rule, you only mentioned it and offered to send it to certain people via pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay, this might be a good topic to start a thread on, if you feel so inclined. I'd be interested in reading it, and I'm sure many others would be as well.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Hand 40

(SB)Villain 2245
(BB)Hero 755

Villain posts 25, Hero posts 50. Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Villain raises to 125. Hero folds.

Hand 41

(SB)Hero 705
(BB)Villain 2295

Hero posts 25, Villain posts 50. Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero?
Old 11-18-2007, 01:27 AM

Hand 41

(SB)Hero 705
(BB)Villain 2295

Hero posts 25, Villain posts 50. Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero raises to 100. Villain calls.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 200).

Villain checks. Hero?