Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Three 20NL hands

My HH converter is currently down, so sorry about that...

Hand 1...Villain here is a fairly a weird 72/0/0.31 over 31 hands

Green Joker Poker 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($29.79)
SB ($33.54)
BB ($19.00)
UTG ($18.51)
UTG+1 UTG+1 ($31.21)
CO Hero ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is in the CO with Tc Jh
1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.20, Hero raises to 0.80, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls 0.60.

Flop (1.90) 7c Td 5s
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 1.40, UTG+1 calls 1.40.

Turn (4.70) Ts
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 3.00, UTG+1 raises to 6.00, Hero calls 3.00.

River (16.70) Qd
UTG+1 checks, Hero ????

What do we do on the river? With his stats, admittedly over a short sample size, can we profitabley push this river? He certainly calls with any ten...And could have all kinds of tens in his pre flop range, so do we shove? Surely check behind is missing value. Also, when faced with a min raise on the turn, what do we do? Does it almost certainly mean he has a ten of some kind?

Hand 2...The short stacker who calls is 42/0/0 over only 19 hands, other villain is 27/2/0.82 over 41 hands.

Green Joker Poker 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button Hero ($20.96)
SB ($21.06)
BB BB ($15.37)
UTG ($57.87)
UTG+1 ($39.77)
CO CO ($9.84)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with Qs Qh
2 folds, CO calls 0.20, Hero raises to 0.80, 1 fold, BB calls 0.60, CO calls 0.60.

Flop (2.50) 5s 7h 5d
BB bets 2.50, CO calls 2.50, Hero ???

What do we do here? What does the short stacks call mean? What are we putting our opponents on that we are beating? The initial bet obviously could be anything, but is the flat call worrying? Especially given his stack?

Hand 3, shorty we only have 9 hands on. 56/44/1.75 for what it's worth. Other villain obviously is who we're far more interested in here and he is 70/9/0.42 over 55 hands

saw flop | saw showdown

Button Hero ($36.84)
SB SB ($4.40)
BB ($1.71)
UTG ($16.70)
UTG+1 ($38.61)
CO CO ($27.63)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with Js Ks
2 folds, CO calls 0.20, Hero raises to 0.80, SB raises to 1.30, 1 fold, CO calls 1.20, Hero calls 0.60.

Flop (4.40) 5s 2s 2h
SB moves all-in for 3.00, CO calls 3.00, Hero raises to 10.00, CO calls 7.00.

Turn (27.40) 9d
CO checks, Hero checks.

River (27.40) Kd
CO checks, Hero checks

This hand seems completely standard, just wanted to make sure. Do we like the isolation raise on the flop to get heads up with the all in shorty with alot of dead money in the pot? Or should we not try to do that against an opponent like this?

We river a king, does anyone bet here at all, surely not? I wasn't betting anything bar a spade from the moment my flop bet is called. It seems standard just wanted some comments on how it was played.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Three 20NL hands

Hand 1: It seems to me that the biggest question is how reliable that river check is, but fishy players can be hard to figure out sometimes after just 31 hands. In terms of combos, though, if Villain is playing any T preflop (probably not too far from the truth), then you're losing to 17 combos and beating 24 (and meanwhile are tied with the other 3 combos). However, this assumes Villain is playing T2o versus a raise just as often as ATs, which probably isn't the case. And, also, I didn't take 55 and 77 into account (which is 6 combos, although I think Villain might also play AA or KK this way). And while the river check is encouraging, Villain did already checkraise once during the hand.

Probably I just check behind.

If Villain's stats were reliable, then I'd say that the trappy turn ambush min-checkraise most likely does mean a very strong hand. But we don't have all that many hands, and some players love to posture when the board pairs (although more frequently with a donkbet).

Hand 2: I would either call or raise, but my plan would be to play for stacks either way. Part of the reason I'm considering just calling here is that I'm worried an immediate raise will blast a hand like 88 out of the pot, if that's what BB has. And I'm hoping he has something like that or 87s or AK, but I'm not going to be shocked if it's AA, KK or some suited 5x hand instead.

As for CO, short-stacks are hard to read, but he either has me beat or he doesn't. I'm not worried enough about him to consider folding.

Hand 3: I think the flop raise is all right. You didn't get the results you wanted, but it's quite possible you're flipping with CO or even have an equity edge against him anyway.

I think the river is worth a bet. CO might call if he has a PP and is feeling suspicious, in this big pot.