Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Just back from WPT Foxwood Final Table...SPOILER

I was going to post this thread as a spoiler, but I'm not going to bother explaining anything that happened during this sick final table if nobody want to see it.....let me know and I'll be glad to explain the important situations, as well as if you have any questions about the marked Aces situation etc..
Old 11-14-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Just back from WPT Foxwood Final Table...

just tell it...make disclaimer in title
Old 11-14-2007, 01:14 AM

do it
Old 11-14-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just tell it...make disclaimer in title

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 AM

wtf? worst thread ever.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Just back from WPT Foxwood Final Table...SPOILER

Dids, ban please.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 AM

um.... go?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 AM

wtf just tell us what you know, don't make us ask for it you insecure attention whore
Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 AM

just got back too. Layla Kayleigh and Kim Lansing are much, much hotter in person.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:46 AM

Before I explain anything, I'm going to cover myself by saying I'm explaining this from the best of my recollection. I obviously won't be off on any of the major points, but I'm not going to be able to remember the exact babies on the flop that are completely irrelevant.

The very first hand, maybe the 2nd....this guy Mike White (a local guy with a HUGE and very loud fan base in the crowd) made a std raise from the button, with Nick "TheTakeover" Schulman in the SB and Tom "Durrr" Dwan in the BB. Durrr 3bets White and cbets a 443 with 2 clubs flop. When White makes the call, you've got to be putting him on a pretty tight range of OPs here or overs with a club draw, keeping in consideration that he didn't 4b PF or raise the flop, almost completely ruling out QQ+. I personally told the friend of mine I was there with, imo he has 99-JJ here. The turn came the Jc, completing a flush draw. Durrr checked, White looked at his chips and even broke out a bet but ended up checking. River was a non-club T, went check check, White shows 99 and Durrr mucks.

Next hand I remembering being important was just a few hands later. Keeping up with his MO at this table, he opened the pot in pos. Nenad Medic, who started the FT with 555k (around 8.5 bbs at the time) 3b shoved with KQo and was snap called by Durrr who showed QQ. As a sign of things to come for Durrr, after the turn was dealt, on a Jx9x board, nenad had 7 knows outs. The river peeled off the Kd and shipped Nenad a 1mil+ pot, knocking Durrr down from his starting CL stack of 4.8m.

After that, the older guy, whose name I can't remember, ended up shoving A3o into a pos raise from Medic. Medic tanked and with a painful look on his face made the call with A5h and ended up making the NF to KO the 6th place finisher.

Mike White, like I said, a huge fan favorite ended up busting 5th after playing almost every pot. The crippling hand was him opening from the CO, and getting 3b shoved on by Nenad Medic. White called showing AKo to Medic's TT. With a T in the window, White was a huge dog and never caught up. A few hands later he ended up shoving 67d and got called by Mike Vela with KTo. KTo held and Mike White finished 5th.

A big hand eventually happened between Schulman and Dwan. Schulman opened in pos and Dwan made the call OOP. On a rainbow board on J x 9, Dwan C/C'd a bet of 420k from Schulman. On the J turn, Dwan C/C'd a 600k bet from Schulman. The river came a blank, Dwan checked, Schulman bet 840k. Durrr tanked and eventually made the call with a pained pool on his face, I think I hear him say something like "this is so close". Schulman showed K9o and Durrr mucked. IMO Durr called with 88. Then I got to thinking, Ahi would be the same hand as 88 against the range Schulman would be bluff-betting on the river in this spot.

Soon after came the most interesting pot at the FT. Schulman opened 22 utg, Durrr shoved, and this guy Mike Vela (now with some new found chips after a few pots) OVER called with KJo LOLDONKAMENTS. Schulman mucked 22 face up, Durrr survived the TxxT board until the river peeled the Js leaving him stunned and IMO the favorite to win, out in 4th place.