Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

tuq,

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone grew up in a house where:
1)Their parents had candy in the pantry at all times

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go to Sam's or Costco and buy a bag of Smarties as large as you for a couple bucks. If these people in your neighborhood can't afford this then hopefully they are picking the cotton as well as sewing their costume for their child.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 PM

Halloween means different things to different age groups.

0-3: means little to nothing to the kids. it's just an excuse for parents to dress their kids in cute costumes and parade them around the neighborhood.

4-7: costumes + candy = fun!
8-12: get as much candy as possible and cause some mishief with your friends.
13-15: depends on the kid. might be the beginning of the next stage but it is sort of an apathetic period for most i suspect.
16+: Guys - seeing girls in slutty costumes.
Girls: dressing in slutty costumes

I'm not sure when the last phase ends. I'm sure it ends at some point for the girls, but i'm sure all guys enjoy the slutty aspect of it at some level at any age. I'm also guessing that once you have kids, it turns into a much bigger pain in the ass and reduces enjoyment. I'm 30, single, no kids, and still enjoying the last phase.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 PM

Just admit it tdarko, you hate life and anything fun in it.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pumpkins are $2

that is all

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that's a small ass pumpkin, you've got cheap pumpkins where you are, or you haven't been pumpkin shopping lately. An average sized pumpkin is close to $10 around here.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM

you bunked the quotation marks in the title, gg kthxbai

i guess i can understand people not liking halloween beacuse of some personal conflict or they were scared as a kid or something, but if not, you've got to be a nit to not enjoy halloween. this is one holiday where every age can have extreme amounts of fun with it.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone grew up in a house where:
1)Their parents had candy in the pantry at all times

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go to Sam's or Costco and buy a bag of Smarties as large as you for a couple bucks. If these people in your neighborhood can't afford this then hopefully they are picking the cotton as well as sewing their costume for their child.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bah! A fine excuse for picking one's pocket every 31st of October. Cratchit! Put down that candy corn!"

Halloween is fun.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 PM

I was under the impression that this year was a really bad year for pumpkins driving prices way higher then they've ever been.

Halloween is awesome. Whoever said that it's the easiest time to pick up chicks is spot on.

It was also pretty much the only time of the year that I'd get candy when I was little, parents didn't believe in candy/soda. It was pretty much a sprint from house to house for the entire time allowed to do it in my town to gather as much as possible.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM

Damn your parents for making you dress up and get tons of free candy. It really must have sucked throwing it all away because you only like Kit Kats and clearly no one gave out anything you liked.

Jesus people do we really have to complain about everything? How the hell can we overcelebrate Halloween? You dress up and get candy, that is it. There are no 100 days of Halloween on the radio, or pumpkins in Home Depot on May 1st.

I mean you're complaining about kids riding on a train through a field just because it makes some poor doofus a few extra bucks? If a parent wants to take their kids on a friggin train through a friggin field for 20 bucks let them, at least the kid isn't glued to a TV or playing X-box.

Damn we have it too easy nowadays if we're complaining about getting free candy.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM

Tony Danza,

I voted Poccohantas but it was tough to choose between that and the school girl (I always think of early Britney days).

RikkiDee,

Ummm no. Actually in my circle of friends I am the super laid back lover of life one. Just b/c I see through all the BS doesn't mean I don't enjoy life, this is just one thing that I find really annoying. It isn't like I complain about it all day. I don't like most holidays but I am one of the more liked people in my family as well as my soon to be in-laws family b/c I am a very happy person (I mention this b/c holidays is a time when everyone is around each other). It is ok to see through the nonsense, it doesn't mean you hate life.

DK,

The patch I was talking about sells them for 12 bucks I think. I haven't been in the cult compound, I just drive by it everyday (part of what prompted the post), I am going on what others have said they paid for the pumpkins.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM

I loved Halloween as a kid, but only for the television. The movie marathons, the Treehouse of Horror shows when they were good, etc. But I hated costumes, trick-or-treating, all that stuff.