View Poll Results: 6. FR MP2 w/ 88
Raise 2 4.88%
Call 19 46.34%
Fold 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

[ QUOTE ]
The one redeeming thing about Halloween is the Simpsons Halloween specials. Otherwise, it's pretty idiotic, yessiree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these still any good? Haven't seen them in years. I know because of the World Series they had to wait until this Sunday to show it. My favorite was The Shining spoof - "all work and no play makes Homer something something".
Old 10-31-2007, 03:48 PM

Let me preface by saying, I may be bald, but atleast I'm not dead on the inside.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, kids get candy every day I didn't want to walk blocks and blocks for a kit-kat, f that I wanted to get off the couch, go into my pantry where I could find some good candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone grew up in a house where:
1)Their parents had candy in the pantry at all times
2)Their parents didn't care if theier kids got fat b/c there was candy in the pantry at all times

[ QUOTE ]

Halloween is catered for kids but is a much better adult holiday imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a kid I LOVED going from house to house trick-or-treating. I loved coming home with a pillowcase full of candy. I loved trading for the candy I hated (Mounds, Clark) with my sisters for the one's I loved(Twix, Milky Way). I also loved going to school the next day and bragging (see: lying) about how much candy I got to the other kids.

[ QUOTE ]

Haunted houses never worked for me either. I was either too young meaning that I was scared out of my mind and hated it or I was too adult for even the best ones and numb to the fiction of the house and found the whole idea stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't believe in ghosts, the entire novelty will be lost on you in the first place. Why do we go see scary movies? For a thrill.

[ QUOTE ]

Pumpkins are a way to steal everyones money. There is this pumpkin patch near my house and you should see these blood thirsty business people!

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory:
Your parents couldn't afford a pumpkin b/c they spent too much money year-round on candy for your pantry. Their bad, not yours. Also, you may have been deprived of attention as a child if your parents never carved a pumpkin w/ you. Maybe they had to work two jobs to pay for your goddamn candy-addiction. Probably both your faults: a wash.

Also, another reason to like Halloween as a young adult/adult: Halloween Parties!!!

-Awesome costumes for couples that are clever
-Outrageous costumes that are in such poor taste, that you can't help but laugh (see: girl going as Terri Schiavo 2 years ago)
-SLUTTY GIRLS IN HOT COSTUMES SUCH AS: COP, REFEREE, CHEERLEADER, ETC etc etc
Old 10-31-2007, 03:51 PM

What are your favorite female halloween costumes? Feel free to add others I failed to mention if you select other. The list is obviously not exhaustive and has a desired theme.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Also, like it or not: Halloween is basically the start of 4 amazing holidays packed in a two month span.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 PM

I think the celebrations do get a little ridiculous but I'm all for women wanting to dress up like sloots.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone grew up in a house where:
1)Their parents had candy in the pantry at all times

[/ QUOTE ]
There is some truth to this. I live adjacent to a really nice neighborhood which itself is adjacent to a pretty run-down, primarily Hispanic neighborhood. I have a lot of friends in the nice part and they say that every year theirs gets totally overrun by the poor folks because apparently they give out better/more candy. So their parents literally drive them up to this area and follow them around in their car while they score some sweets. It's basically a chance for them to load up on stuff they can't otherwise afford. Pretty sad.

The other part of your post about the pillowcase full of candy was awesome too. We are probably about the same age. As for me, I liked most traditional candy bars but can't stand sour candies so basically gave those away. Remember Bottle Caps? I can still taste the root beer one. Yummy. It was the type of candy I would see at Halloween and never see/purchase the rest of the year.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Gobias,

Lol, you don't know anything about me and you don't know anything about my parents.

[ QUOTE ]
2)Their parents didn't care if theier kids got fat b/c there was candy in the pantry at all times

[/ QUOTE ]

Willing to wager on who has more body fat?

Of course I didn't want to walk blocks for a kit-kat, the candy that people pass out is [censored] terrible. I grew up in a health conscious household (father was a triathlete, mother is a vegetarian) but I was still a kid at times and on those rare occasions I did eat candy and when I did I would CHOOSE WHAT I WANTED not have some redneck pass out a [censored] chic-o-stick so I could just throw it away when I got home.

[ QUOTE ]
I also loved going to school the next day and bragging (see: lying) about how much candy I got to the other kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're a braggart and a liar. Good for you.

[ QUOTE ]
My theory:
Your parents couldn't afford a pumpkin b/c they spent too much money year-round on candy for your pantry. Their bad, not yours. Also, you may have been deprived of attention as a child if your parents never carved a pumpkin w/ you. Maybe they had to work two jobs to pay for your goddamn candy-addiction. Probably both your faults: a wash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. If you don't anything about somebody these kind of judgments should really be kept to yourself. Thankfully I am very comfortable w/ myself and my family so I don't have to sit here on the internet and talk to you about the attention I got or their money situation (lol wtf?!) or their jobs (again wtf?!). But just so you know, you couldn't possibly be more wrong--seriously.

To everyone--I realize the women dressing like [censored] is +EV this is also why I said this in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
Halloween is catered for kids but is a much better adult holiday imo. Raunchy costumes and amusement is the only thing good about the day/night.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

I'm kind of with td on this one. I hated dressing up, and I wasn't a fan of trick-or-treating. I did like bags of candy though, as my mom never bought candy regularly. That was the only bonus.

Halloween is best as a teen boy imo. You get to blow stuff up without consequence, and you get slutty girls.

Ahh those were the glorious times of halloween. As an adult, I still get slutty girls, but I can't really go out and blow mailboxes up.

teen >>>>>>> adult >> child
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM

pumpkins are $2

that is all
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I didn't want to walk blocks for a kit-kat, the candy that people pass out is [censored] terrible. I grew up in a health conscious household (father was a triathlete, mother is a vegetarian) but I was still a kid at times and on those rare occasions I did eat candy and when I did I would CHOOSE WHAT I WANTED not have some redneck pass out a [censored] chic-o-stick so I could just throw it away when I got home.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I totally don't agree with you but your rants are awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, the first year I moved into my condo I went to Costco and bought boxes of Snickers and Pay Day. FULL-SIZE candy bars, not this "fun size" crap. (What's "fun" about it anyway?) I was gonna be the pimp of the whole building, giving out large candy bars. I waited patiently for kids to come knocking and it never happened. Dammit. I was stuck eating both boxes for the next year or so.