Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 AM

Default marijuana use and dreams

Recently I have stopped using marijuana all the time. Around the same time that I stopped smoking 4-11 times a day, my dreams are becoming much MUCH more vivid and memorable. I have heard of this phenomenon, but only from one person.

Has anyone else ever had this experience? that is going from Chong-level pothead to casual weekly smoker and having a dramatic change in their ability to remeber dreams. Just curious.

btw, my dreams suck 9/10 times.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: marijuana use and dreams

wtf, 4-11 times a day? WOW.

i rarely remember my dreams and smoking weed didn't help. and not smoking weed hasn't helped. so i dunno.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 AM

i've noticed this too. i never tend to remember dreams when i go to sleep high
Old 11-01-2007, 06:15 AM

Remembering dreams, unless you are actually actively working on it, only happens when they are vivid and hit you at some level, even if you're not aware of that level. That happens a lot when there are changes in your life, routine or whatever, and your brain is processing those changes, with results in different dreams.

I think you may have a case of mistaken cause here. Not so much that smoking weed improved or whatever your dreams, but that the fact that your routine has changed created more vivid/weird dreams and since your brain is processing the different routine into your life/physiology or whatever, you have focused more on those dreams.

Also, I suppose, the fact that you no longer smoke all the time means that you are in an "altered" state from the one you know how to operate/live from, even if that altered state is normal for others, so perhaps that also helps you remember dreams. Not so much they changed, but since you are changing, you relate to them differently.

In other news, it's like 4 am so all I type is subject to [censored] detectors.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 AM

This is 100% standard, documented, etc. I notice it after even one day of not smoking. Dreams are kind of fun, but usually just mean that I'm out of dope.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 AM

i'm going through this as we speak. i quit in hopes of getting this new job i have had my eye on, but it looks like that's going on hold. so i'll be back on the pipe in no time, which is good because my dreams are freaky and i'd really just rather not remember them anyway.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 AM

it didn't matter to me, I cut down a lot too (ray growing old sucks don't it) I recall my dreams just the same
Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 AM

This is gonna sound like a joke response but, eat a couple tuna sandwiches right before bed and brace yourself for some of the wildest dreams you've ever had.

And yeah i've heard the dream thing about quitting cigs before, always seems quitting weed just makes people angry.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is gonna sound like a joke response but, eat a couple tuna sandwiches right before bed and brace yourself for some of the wildest dreams you've ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for about any food high in protein.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 AM

I quit smoking it 6 weeks ago. Almost immediately, the dreams became memorable. Before, I never remembered any of my dreams. So far, this has not been a good thing since my dreams have been borderline scary a lot of the time.