Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Two interesting hands from today\'s $2500 @ Bellagio

Hand 1: I think A8 and T8 are very likely hands for him. The fact that the ace is a diamond is very relevant as it decreases his semi-bluff percent, although hands like JTdd are still likely. 88 is a huge possibility. A bluff or weak semi bluff seems fairly unlikely given the player described, but not impossible. Flopped sets are possible too, but less likely than the other hands I've mentioned.

That being said, I call with A8 and A3, but probably fold T8, but do not hate a call with that hand. Anything worse I fold.

Usually players that overbet bluff make it obvious that they are complete clowns that will go broke soon before they overbet bluff, and this player does not seem like one of them.

Hand 2: Hate the reraise pre. I don't hate the 4 bet as much, but the way you described his actions really makes it sounds like he has JJ which makes me inclined to say fold as played. If you think it's unlikely the player in question would think that long with JJ, then I'm fine with the 4 bet, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Usually players that overbet bluff make it obvious that they are complete clowns that will go broke soon before they overbet bluff, and this player does not seem like one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 PM

thanks for the replies all, very helpful in my transitioning/adjusting to live play. quite frustrating that i'm finding myself in many new situations and i'm getting them wrong, but oh well.

results:
hand 1, I fold A5spades so it wasnt an interesting decision

hand 2, i shove and AMAK has ace king as I figured. however in the future in these spots I am probably coldcalling with my entire range and probably repopping with KK+ and air-type hands.