Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: The Best Poster in SMP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has lots and lots of posts and some of them are bound to be good

[/ QUOTE ]

We should put more emphasis on these posters. They totally kick more ass than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I have like 3000 more posts than you now so...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:28 PM

I just wanted to pop in and add that as much as I disagree with him on a few topics, Phil153 probably makes me think about things and work hard to clarify my positions the most. I think that should count as part of what constitutes the "best" poster.

Most of the people people have mentioned are pretty awesome. Chez, vhawk, luckyme, borodog, ChrisV, bunny, madnak, lestat . . . basically anybody who posts here regularly is pretty solid. It seems like what happens is that some random people come in, get torn to shreds by the intelligent and poignant commentary and then slink away embarrassed. If you're still posting, you probably have some skills.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Lestat FTW.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 PM

I love all the regular posters, including Splendour!

When I first stumbled accross SMP, Foal was my #1 poster, and I still think his posts are spot on. I have never seen him be wrong on any subject, and would endorse 99% of his posts.

Then I (in my mind) promoted Phil as my favourite, mainly due to work done in geo-political threads, where I am pretty sure he is SMP god. Prove me wrong.

Then the philosolophical prowess of Madnak and Subfallen started to play on my mind, and I quickly became aware that the man for the job depended on the job.

While trying to balance all my above favourites, I was occasionally struck to my core in the most profoumd way by metric's posts. Few and far between, but they hurt.

I have to admit that one poster that seems to come in the top 3 of most people's list that I miss from mine is Vhawk. and the reason is pretty petty. I just hate posts that quote a whole book when they want to comment on the last sentance.

I also like conversing with NotReady, tamedueces and Taraz. I find our conversations refreshing.

I am sure there are more.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:05 PM

<font color="blue"> It seems like what happens is that some random people come in, get torn to shreds by the intelligent and poignant commentary and then slink away embarrassed. If you're still posting, you probably have some skills. </font>

Excellent point and I think this says much about people like NotReady. Although I'll probably never see things his way, he hangs in there with the best of them.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love all the regular posters, including Splendour!

When I first stumbled accross SMP, Foal was my #1 poster, and I still think his posts are spot on. I have never seen him be wrong on any subject, and would endorse 99% of his posts.

Then I (in my mind) promoted Phil as my favourite, mainly due to work done in geo-political threads, where I am pretty sure he is SMP god. Prove me wrong.

Then the philosolophical prowess of Madnak and Subfallen started to play on my mind, and I quickly became aware that the man for the job depended on the job.

While trying to balance all my above favourites, I was occasionally struck to my core in the most profoumd way by metric's posts. Few and far between, but they hurt.

I have to admit that one poster that seems to come in the top 3 of most people's list that I miss from mine is Vhawk. and the reason is pretty petty. I just hate posts that quote a whole book when they want to comment on the last sentance.

I also like conversing with NotReady, tamedueces and Taraz. I find our conversations refreshing.

I am sure there are more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I am really lazy when it comes to quoting people and I never go into the quote and type in what I am responding to. I guess I can see how thats annoying but I'm pretty unlikely to change so tough biscuits. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 07:17 PM

I have honestly read (probably) &lt;5% of your posts because of this reason, but due to your references, that will now change [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, who is your worst poster? I don't like the way hopey always drags any discussion with any religious connotations into the gutter. He is the only poster I have not seeen add any value.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in hiding at the moment since RDuke55 challenged me to provide citations for my claims in the black thread. Takes time to get that [censored] together and write it out. Individual evidence is suspect but taken together it's like a brain explosion.

I don't have a favorite poster, but NotReady is high on the list.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have a favorite poster, but NotReady is high on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is confusing.

My 2 cents:

Bunny - the fairest and most thoughtful - he actually makes me think about my posts sometimes.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chezlaw is the coolest for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can't be Mick Jagger when I grow up, then I want to be chez. Somedays it is just chez (I don't think I have the energy to be Jagger anyway).