Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD*

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck Cecil could lay a hit on opponents, too. Too bad both he and Bigby wait until the receiver catches a 15-20 yard pass before they tackle him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have agreed with everything you have said in this thread so far, and I love that there are other Packer fans on here, but please never use Chuck Cecil's name in vain ever again.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem (which is not his fault) is that this kid should not be starting. He makes some good plays, but then he'll make some plays that are just ridiculously stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys are being ridiculously. Compare his stats with all the other strong safeties in the league. There aren't that many that can compare.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck Cecil could lay a hit on opponents, too. Too bad both he and Bigby wait until the receiver catches a 15-20 yard pass before they tackle him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have agreed with everything you have said in this thread so far, and I love that there are other Packer fans on here, but please never use Chuck Cecil's name in vain ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I loved it when he would use his body as a human torpedo and how he would purposely cut the bridge of his nose to start a nice bleed, but he really wasn't very good. It was easier to tolerate back then because most of the Packers weren't very good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem (which is not his fault) is that this kid should not be starting. He makes some good plays, but then he'll make some plays that are just ridiculously stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys are being ridiculously. Compare his stats with all the other strong safeties in the league. There aren't that many that can compare.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with that is that the stats for defensive backs that are publicly available are pretty bad. Tackles for instance. Say you have two safeties, Player A and Player B. Player A is terrible in coverage and gets picked on quite a lot. He allows quite a few completions but generally tackles the receiver after he makes the catch. Player B, however, is much better at breaking up passes and teams do not target him often. Which player is better and who will have more tackles?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 AM

Looks like the Cowboys hired the Colts' Refs to officiate this game.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 AM

Whatever, man. Bigby is first among DB's (not just SS's) in total tackles, fourth in solo tackles, fifth in tackle assists, and third in forced fumbles. Yeah he makes some mistakes, but if he is seriously one of the worst players you've ever seen, you're crazy. Do you even remember who Bigby replaced?

[ QUOTE ]
I won't compare him to Carroll, because they play different positions, but Bigby is just about as bad at safety as Carroll was a cornerback.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, and it's not even close.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with that is that the stats for defensive backs that are publicly available are pretty bad. Tackles for instance. Say you have two safeties, Player A and Player B. Player A is terrible in coverage and gets picked on quite a lot. He allows quite a few completions but generally tackles the receiver after he makes the catch. Player B, however, is much better at breaking up passes and teams do not target him often. Which player is better and who will have more tackles?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flip side, a player who sucks would probably not be leading DB's in tackles or tied for second among SS's in turnovers. I'm not saying the guy is god's gift to the safety position, but people who call a guy who's practically a rookie "one of the worst players they've ever seen" or compare him to a CB who sucked so much he's not playing after only 3 seasons are [censored] up in the head.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever shut up about that?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:05 AM

He isn't leading the league in tackles. Gibril Wilson and Michael Lewis are ahead of him, neither of whom are all that good. My point was that tackles aren't a very good stat to judge safeties by. Safeties have to do much more than just tackle well. I don't know much about Bigby so I'm not really saying he is awful or anything, just that a sizable tackle total doesn't necessarily mean he is good.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever shut up about that?

[/ QUOTE ]
as soon as the biased officiating stops... then ill stop.

Until then, Please feel free to PM me if you ever see the Colts have a bad call against them. Not a "non call" but a bad penalty call on them that directly benefits the other team