Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault Doyle's fold at all. When you see a guy who's afraid to value bet unless he has the nuts, raises you in that situation, you figure he's either got a monster or he's bluffing. And Doyle knew he wasn't bluffing. It was actually a great read on Doyle's part, if we can get away from the results-oriented thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that everyone seems to be assuming that gold will view the 9 hi flush as that much better than than an 8 or 7 hi (or 3 high flush really). Gold is def. capable of being stupid enough to not understand the RIO that come w/ huge stacks, and thats why Doyle should probably have called, but as i said earlier its a really tough spot and anyone saying that everyone arguing one specific side is an idiot is being absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're right, there is no magical boundary that turns the 9 high flush into balls out monster compared to the 8, 7, or 6 high flush.

However, do you really think Jamie is jamming mini flushes there? I don't know, but I'd guess he isn't. It's hard to estimate how low Jamie's flush would have had to get before he merely flatted Doyle's bet. I don't know if its even possible to say, and I'm sure there is a degree of randomness involved.

But, even if Jamie does make it 100k with a mini flush there, do you think he exudes the same confidence he did with the nine high one? That's also a factor we have to consider. Not just the way Jamie's hand strength may have affected his betting, but also how it affected his demeanour, which is clearly readable and exploitable by the top players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but at some point the general incompetence gold shows at the poker table over-rides the fact that he really loves his hand. Obv how in love someone is with their hand is v. important, but idiots fall in love v. easily

edit: altho obv his fold is in now way awful anyway
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 AM

Sammy played nothing like on the 100k episodes. I mean he was playing quite well folding flush etc.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM

doyles play wasnt that bad he obviously read gold for strength and strength in that spot is a flush and gold isnt as bad as many of you are saying either in fact prob +ev agasint most of you "experts"
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM

gotta love david b.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doyles play wasnt that bad he obviously read gold for strength and strength in that spot is a flush and gold isnt as bad as many of you are saying either in fact prob +ev agasint most of you "experts"

[/ QUOTE ]

nope the only player worse than jamie gold in the whole world is nick nevler, sorry
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 AM

wow I really hope some people in this thread lose access to the interwebs forever. I like this big game but everyone comes off scared, also I wish it was more like PAD where we see all the little pots to see how people are playing. We dont get that good of a feel for the game.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 AM

god this thread tilted me...hollywade was first person ive ever put on ignore
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 AM

also i find it funny that the billionare has the hot seat in this game
Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 AM

Wow, looks like the Canadian was hit by the deck. I remember hearing he was kind of a whale, so I can't wait to see how he plays with decent second best hands. His play so far seems good. Doyle's play was fantastic - I learned a few new concepts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The Jamie Gold vs. Benyamine hand was awesome - Jamie looked pretty embarassed there after saying he wanted to be the best bluffer. I wonder if Benyamine got a read on him - he raised like 16-17 BB's there, how many hands call there?

Also nice to see Farha playing more sensible - I think he played pretty good this episode, mixing his old play-anything style with better reads and more self-control.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 AM

Anyone think perhaps Farha was advertising at least a bit in the 100k game to get more action in the 500k? He seems like the type of player that would do that.