Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

big 3 all played about 38 minutes. 115 combined. I think I'm on record saying that Doc will probably play them somewhere around 115-120 mpg when they should probably play closer to 105-110. We'll see.

I don't mind KG getting 39 so much. It's Pierce and Allen I'm worried about. 40,35,30 is ideal imo.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 AM

Had 3rd row behind Wizards bench tonight.....Holla!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 AM

Had sportsdeck tonight (or last night). What a good game. (from a celtics perspective) Looking at the schedule Cs should start the season with a 11-4 month or so, wire to wire winning atlantic
Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM

i had seats up in the Balcony, good to see some of the Red Sox come out there.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Great start to the season, I cant wait to watch this team develop.

Is it just me or am I the only one a little concerned about KGs top of the key and high post play. Every possession KG seems to be floating around 18 foot mark were he turns and shoots like 75 percent of the time. Now he does have a great shot but is that really are best set play?

Now I understand Doc was out, so some of the offensive nonsense should not happen in the future (ie 6 or something shot clock violations / shot selection etc) but I would like to see KG play more like he did in overtime throughout the game. Which is in the low post with his back to the basket either drawing doubles or dishing to a streaking Truth or an open Ray.

From what I have seen so far the C's are not utilizing his athleticism on the offensive end properly, thoughts?

ps - NBA league pass is the [censored]!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 PM

As much as I'm happy to see the C's be contenders, for god sakes, I've been with this team tightly for about 4 years now, and seeing all the kids I've been watching develop and achieve, only to be traded away... it makes me wish the Celtics had a few more losing seasons so we could continue to build. Its kind of like the money shot without any build up. I'm gonna miss Jefferson and West the most, and winning is definitely not going to be as sweet as it would have been.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Thing is, even with their growth there was no guaranteing they would compete for a title especially with Pierces inevitable retirement. While they did have a much youth laden roster than some of the other contenders in the NBA and even in the east, there was no guarantee for competing for the title in the long run. Jefferson is good and will be better but I'd rather have a 3 or so players in the east before him.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great start to the season, I cant wait to watch this team develop.

Is it just me or am I the only one a little concerned about KGs top of the key and high post play. Every possession KG seems to be floating around 18 foot mark were he turns and shoots like 75 percent of the time. Now he does have a great shot but is that really are best set play?

Now I understand Doc was out, so some of the offensive nonsense should not happen in the future (ie 6 or something shot clock violations / shot selection etc) but I would like to see KG play more like he did in overtime throughout the game. Which is in the low post with his back to the basket either drawing doubles or dishing to a streaking Truth or an open Ray.

From what I have seen so far the C's are not utilizing his athleticism on the offensive end properly, thoughts?

ps - NBA league pass is the [censored]!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

KG has never been a "true" post player. Don't know why you were expecting him to be in Boston.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KG has never been a "true" post player. Don't know why you were expecting him to be in Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is far more athletic than 95 percent of the people covering him (even bosh who is a phenomenal athlete was severely outclassed) and settling for single coverage 18 footers does nothing for the other players on the court (meta game speaking) and leaves the paint completely void of rebounders.

My only point is that KG should touch the ball in a position to either drive, shoot or dish on EVERY possession. Not be a swing man at the top of the key that shoots open jumpers. Thats what Ray,Tony,House,posey are there for.

This has very little to due with KG and everything to due with COACHING!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM

I miss Big Al and Delonte too. I thought it was gonna be not the same, but KG and Ray ALlen are true professionals who actually play hard on every possession.

It's not like we are winning a championship with guys like Kobe and Jermaine O'Neal.

I would really like to sign Delonte in the offseason if Seattle didn't pick up his option.

Big Al we will prob never see in Celtic Green again.