Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Negreanu > ADZ ? He thinks so..

[ QUOTE ]
Just to add to my point. The average poker ability of the posters on FCP is fairly damn low.

Surprise?

I dont think so. It's just a frickin fan base. I don't think it's a coincidence that Negreanu is not a god on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm curious as to how you arrived at your conclusion that the average poker abilities of the posters on FCP is "fairly damn low." Is this extrapolated from data mined from posters whose location on PokerStars is set to "FCP?" Did you determine it by cherry-picking a few specific FCP posters whose games you do not respect, and deciding that this arbitrary sample is representative of the average?

With deductive reasoning abilities like yours, it saddens me that you're speaking on behalf of 2+2. If I were surveying the "average poker ability of the posters" on 2+2, I'd probably omit you from the sample for failure to qualify as a "poster."

With regard to your comment that you think it's no coincidence that Negreanu is not a god on 2+2, let me see if I have this straight:

<<The average poster on FCP has low poker ability.
The average poster on FCP worships Negreanu as a god.
People with low poker ability tend to have poor taste in gods.
Therefore, Negreanu is a poor excuse for a god.

2+2 does not worship Negreanu (a poor excuse for a god).
Therefore, 2+2 > FCP.>>

Your first problem is that you presume that all people who do NOT worship Negreanu necessarily reflect a higher level of poker ability. There are other ways to suck at poker besides fellating false idols. And what your argument conveniently fails to mention is all the arguably undeserving god worship projected on other personalities around here.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to add to my point. The average poker ability of the posters on FCP is fairly damn low.

Surprise?

I dont think so. It's just a frickin fan base. I don't think it's a coincidence that Negreanu is not a god on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm curious as to how you arrived at your conclusion that the average poker abilities of the posters on FCP is "fairly damn low." Is this extrapolated from data mined from posters whose location on PokerStars is set to "FCP?" Did you determine it by cherry-picking a few specific FCP posters whose games you do not respect, and deciding that this arbitrary sample is representative of the average?

With deductive reasoning abilities like yours, it saddens me that you're speaking on behalf of 2+2. If I were surveying the "average poker ability of the posters" on 2+2, I'd probably omit you from the sample for failure to qualify as a "poster."

With regard to your comment that you think it's no coincidence that Negreanu is not a god on 2+2, let me see if I have this straight:

<<The average poster on FCP has low poker ability.
The average poster on FCP worships Negreanu as a god.
People with low poker ability tend to have poor taste in gods.
Therefore, Negreanu is a poor excuse for a god.

2+2 does not worship Negreanu (a poor excuse for a god).
Therefore, 2+2 > FCP.>>

Your first problem is that you presume that all people who do NOT worship Negreanu necessarily reflect a higher level of poker ability. There are other ways to suck at poker besides fellating false idols. And what your argument conveniently fails to mention is all the arguably undeserving god worship projected on other personalities around here.

[/ QUOTE ]
did u read the FCP forum this was posted in? its insane to think u need to data mine in order to accurately gauge a persons intellect. those people are [censored] dumb. what is ur fcp screename incidentally?im guessing u love him because hes a christian poker player....true? most of u fcp posters seem like u get a grate deal of comfort from the bible.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

did u read the FCP forum this was posted in? its insane to think u need to data mine in order to accurately gauge a persons intellect. those people are [censored] dumb. what is ur fcp screename incidentally?im guessing u love him because hes a christian poker player....true? most of u fcp posters seem like u get a grate deal of comfort from the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case, and I couldn't possibly have articulated my point more clearly in words than you have just done by example.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:18 PM

DAN-YELL RE-NEG-ON-U
Old 09-12-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no reason why he couldn't make the transition to being a great online player someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

big ego could be a reason why he might not become great online player
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case, and I couldn't possibly have articulated my point more clearly in words than you have just done by example.

[/ QUOTE ]
happy to help.
****disclaimer i have not slept in 24 hr and am abnormally confrontational.i did not intend to get petty, but i did. it appears once i go past 19hr im set to autotroll...mybad

edit:you are saying "i rest my case" on a sample size of one jekoff. daniel did this on a sample size of 240 hands...me thinks DN is multi acounting 2+2.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM

A DN response in this thread would be great.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 PM

He won't respond because then he'd either have to dodge the issue somehow and get lots of crap for it or admit that many online players are better than him and he doesn't want to do either.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 AM

dn isnt THAT good

/thread
Old 09-13-2007, 02:35 PM

He posted more in his blog, including gems like this:
[ QUOTE ]
I do think that even the correct way to play hands differs online than in a live game.

The key reason for that is that in order to be able to make good reads on later streets online, you’ll often have to play a hand on the flop in such a way that it defines your hand while also defining your opponents range. This can be a slightly more costly tactic, this “information bet” if you will, than simply making reads based on other variables that you can exploit when playing in a live scenario.

Let’s look at an extreme example: Suppose you called a raise with 9-9 from late position and the flop came J-7-3 rainbow. Your opponent makes a continuation bet after the flop and you are unsure if your hand is good. If you raise the flop, you’ll likely find out by your opponents action on the flop whether you have the best hand in this situation.

However in a live game scenario, you may be able to gauge the situation without making the information bet. I should add, that you don’t have to do it online either, but when someone fires a second barrel at you online all you have to go on is betting patterns. In a live game setting, if you’ve picked up any tells on your opponent at all, you can call the flop and then look for a tell on the turn when your opponent fires a second barrel. I guess that’s also possible with clicking tells and such, but I have no clue at all how to read into that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good though he may be in live games, he's outclassed in high stakes online NLHE. He does not realize it and since he's probably not a complete ATM it will take a while for him to find out due to variance.

It's interesting how it develops, but I don't think he will put in the effort to improve; it will just take too much work and he'll give up on playing online again.

P.S. He's fighting a good battle with getting rid of the shortstackers though. I applaud him for that.