Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Another continuance in NETeller case granted

[ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would Neteller want the case to go forward? They're sitting on millions of US players' dollars, earning loads of interest. They'll never see the vast majority of that money again regardless of how this all turns out.

Neteller is just a sleazy company we all got sucked into for the sake of convienance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Third continuance in NETeller case granted

[ QUOTE ]
No, that would violate the defendants constitutional rights to a speedy trial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Constitutional rights???? We still have those?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would Neteller want the case to go forward? They're sitting on millions of US players' dollars, earning loads of interest. They'll never see the vast majority of that money again regardless of how this all turns out.

Neteller is just a sleazy company we all got sucked into for the sake of convienance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded?

No really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be nice if your post actually had any content whatsoever. Hmmm 6k posts rapidly gained. Go figure. Anyhow, if you'd like to elaborate why you think they would actually prefer a speedy trial or were you 'debating' the company's veracity? Either way, could you please make a useful post? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
US Gov't: We need more time to iron out details with you, can we get another 30 days so we can together work out a resolution where you guys stay out of jail, and we get a little off the top?

Neteller: Yea, cool brah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM

Dire,

Do you really believe they have embezzled our monies and destroyed their stock price for the sole purpose of an insignificant amount of interest on this money?

Aside from the fact their a public British company, which entails audits and other means of verifying their finances.

Most of the biggest users of Neteller will likely return to using them as soon as they are able with no hint of care.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dire,

Do you really believe they have embezzled our monies and destroyed their stock price for the sole purpose of an insignificant amount of interest on this money?

Aside from the fact their a public British company, which entails audits and other means of verifying their finances.

Most of the biggest users of Neteller will likely return to using them as soon as they are able with no hint of care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not really sure how you got embezzlement out of my comment. Elaborating on what I said, I think it's clear that this can all end one of two ways. Either Neteller is allowed to continue doing business with Americans or they aren't. In the case that they aren't allowed to do so, it's clear that they won't be retaining any of the money. In the case that they are, I think it's equally clear that many (and perhaps the majority) of Americans will choose to no longer provide Neteller with their business - we apparently disagree on this point, but it's obvious that at least some percentage of their biggest customers will be leaving them (myself included). So they're going to lose either all or at least a substantial portion of the money that they are currently sitting on.

So by going forward with the case they stand to either lose all of the money, or at least a substantial portion. There's no laws being broken here by agreeing to delay this case indefinitely - just a general disregard for their customers which I find sleazy coming from a company who's only assets are those of their customers.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Dire,

Are you a VIP? If so they might care a little, if you aren't they don't care at all. Neteller generates almost all their revs from a very small group of players.

I will be going back to using Neteller and they'll likely continue to generate the ~5k a month my business brings them.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Don't underestimate the interest income NETeller generates/generated. They made $91.5 million in net profits in 2005, and most/all of that was earned off of interest income. That's based on $172.1 million in revenue, so they're operating expenses aren't that steep -- especially now, when they've fired half their staff and the other half aren't doing anything but watching our pile of money grow into another pile of money for them.

Edit: Keep in mind, the $172.1 million in revenue IS interest income. That's interest their earning on the billions of dollars they were handling.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dire,

Are you a VIP? If so they might care a little, if you aren't they don't care at all. Neteller generates almost all their revs from a very small group of players.

I will be going back to using Neteller and they'll likely continue to generate the ~5k a month my business brings them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any noncasual poker player who isn't a VIP? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Yes, obviously a VIP and pretty sure I was one of their biggest customers. Used to have a tendency to withdraw all I have at a site one day and redeposit the next. Not gonna get into an e-penis contest though. Anyhow, this is an interesting question (whether most will go back) though. I started a thread with a poll.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Third continuance in NETeller case granted

"Co-founders Stephen Lawrence and John LeFebvre, were arrested on a charge of conspiracy to transfer funds with the intent to promote illegal gambling."

Wait, are those the real charges? "Intent to promote illegal gambling"? What's illegal about it?

Or is that just poor wording on the author's part? I thought they were just being charged with the money transfer issue.