Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: No more P2P at Neteller for US-customers

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone else had their us account locked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. I only did one transfer and it was for 1200 only. Havent bothered to call them yet. I only have ~600 left in there and its pending and they have told be 4 days in a row that they will cancel it. Ill call in a few days when it may be easier to get through.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post oak you make no sense and are contradicting yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not contradicted myself.

You are just another fool who doesn't understand the concept of liquidity.

I have already said that they may have all of the funds, but it should now be clear to even the rankest sucker that they don't have the funds readily AVAILABLE.

A question for the suckers... When Neteller said that withdrawals would take a while due to being backed up, did you swallow this ridiculous assertion hook, line and sinker? Were you rubes on here parrotting the obvious lies that Neteller had spoon fed you?

Now that they have given a ridiculous explanation as to why they won't allow peer to peer transfers, did you suckers still fall for the company line?

Anyone with any street smarts immediately saw what that really meant. You guys are a little slow, but eventually you will get it (hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).
Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 PM

I think it must be all the whacking off.
You must be exhausted (and frustated) and your keyboard must be very sticky. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Who wants to start a field trip to Isle of Man?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me spell this out. YOU ARE AN IDIOT WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. They are regulated by the FSA, which REQUIRES them to keep deposited funds available. Do you actually think a regulatory agency such as this doesn't check on that? Regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god, you people are SO STUPID!

It is so frustrating.

You have never heard of an accounting scandal you [censored]???

There was a company which was traded on the New York Stock Exchange. They said they had over $100M in cash in their bank account, and they were audited by a huge multinational accounting firm (it think it was BGM).

None of the money was there. Their whole business (they supposedly shipped used cars from Europe to sell in Africa) didn't exist. This was a company listed on the NYSE (they got delisted obviously). This was only a few years ago.

Why do you think it is not POSSIBLE that they don't have the money? How can you be so naive???????????

Now I have already said that in all probability they do have the money (although it is clearly not liquid), but there is still that small chance that they have spent it.

Read a [censored] book, get some education on the history of scams before you come here and make a fool of yourself. It is ridiculous to think that the FSA checks their accounts several times a quarter, or that they can't be fooled. I am not saying it is likely.

God, this is like talking to children.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 PM

ill go tomorrow with you if you think well get our money
Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 PM

neteller says it doesnt want to participate in allowing US residents to gamble.

Isn't keeping your money in neteller now a gamble?
Talk about games of incomplete information.
Even when neteller allowed funds to be withdrawn, keeping money in neteller was worse than a gamble for me. No interest was received on the funds in the account and there was always the possiblity of paying fees - a negative expectatation.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see how they can file bankrupcy? all money is REQUIRED to be held in low risk bank accounts and this place has little overhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime,

have you verified or see this verified to be true? I ask because I honestly don't know but it was my understanding that while neteller has stated that all funds are held seperately in trust, there isn't an actual or agency which requires them to do like there are for US banks for example.

am I wrong?

btw-nice work on the suzzy replies

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just going on memory here but US banks don't hold all their customers' funds in seperate accounts. they're only required to keep a percentage and that percentage is pretty low. but the government does insure your money in US banks. neteller isn't a bank and nobody is insuring your funds there. if they say they keep all the funds in a seperate account i don't see how they could lie about it since they're publicly traded.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 AM

omfg. what an unreal occurrence.

i managed to get all my money off this morning, thanks to apathy who is a godsend.

wow i dodged a bullet.

-nation
Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see how they can file bankrupcy? all money is REQUIRED to be held in low risk bank accounts and this place has little overhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime,

have you verified or see this verified to be true? I ask because I honestly don't know but it was my understanding that while neteller has stated that all funds are held seperately in trust, there isn't an actual or agency which requires them to do like there are for US banks for example.

am I wrong?

btw-nice work on the suzzy replies

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just going on memory here but US banks don't hold all their customers' funds in seperate accounts. they're only required to keep a percentage and that percentage is pretty low. but the government does insure your money in US banks. neteller isn't a bank and nobody is insuring your funds there. if they say they keep all the funds in a seperate account i don't see how they could lie about it since they're publicly traded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Banks "keep" your money in long term loans to other customers. NT does not loan money out except for instacash.