Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Does it even matter?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button is a pretty solid 35/20/3.2. SB is loose pf ok postflop, no crazy bluffs. We've been playing for ~15 min's and there hasn't been much "wtf cap" pf action even though it's 3handed.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero

Something other than "I raise the flop" would be cool. Does anyone actually take a free card if offered (I never do but not sure what a turn bet would do for me UI)? Keep in mind straight+FD's get there @stars less often than 1card ass end gutters; can you tell I'm running bad?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Does it even matter?

id just call and look to hit one of my outs, you might may be able to get him laying down 99 or AK. The reason i dont raise is i dunno if hes able to lay down 99 or Ak 3 handed on this flop if i raise and fire the Turn plus ill see it 3 bets very often.If i would raise and he just calls id considering taking a freecard if he has take the call flop c/r Turn line(sexy?) before.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM

yes it matters

raise flop. theres lots of bets in the pot, every time u make 66 fold u get to roll around in sklanskybux. when u need to improve to win raising flop doesnt actually cost u anything.

if he 3bets call to preserve ur implied odds
Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 PM

You have 52% equity against AK, 55% against AQ, and 58% equity against KQ. Even if his range consists ONLY of these worst-case scenario hands, a raise is still for value. So raising the flop is good here.

Waiting for the turn is better with an OESFD when one of your straight cards doesn't kill your action like a 9 would in this spot. And, I would def. take a free card on the turn if it's offered. If the river bricks off, I think you can probably fold, but it's probably close. I'd probably make a spite-call.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he 3bets call to preserve ur implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

No, cap, check turn if the blank hits, and raise his river bet when you spike the nuts.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:36 PM

It think it matters.This hand must be played hard.
Give him the chance to fold a better hand. Raise flop and bet all streets UI.
Slow down to any reraise though.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:03 PM

You're only behind if he has a set or caps j9 pf. Raise now or wait and raise the turn if you think it gets you more fold equity. If he 3-bets the flop, calling is good for IO. Not putting in a raise in this hand is a clear mistake. It's basically a bluff that costs nothing or even makes you money when it gets called. You can't lose.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:31 PM

please raise