Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Hyper Aggressive style of play

Hey everyone! Quick question. I am still learning the ropes of tournament play. I have found that playing solid conservative poker will usually seem to get you to the bottom rung of the cashes but to make it deeper you need more chips (obviously). However, here is my question. I have been experimenting by playing hyper aggressive positional poker and it seems to be highly effective once the blinds get high is this due to the added pressure on the opponents and the therefore greater chance that they will make mistakes that I can exploit or is there some other aspect of this that I am missing? Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Hyper Aggressive style of play

you can play any style as long as you play it well. loose passive and weak tight are the only 2 doomed to fail. plus there is alot of variance in mtt w big fields so you may be playing very well and your time is coming .

put some hands up here and you will see if you are playing a style well but you have to include info from recent tbl action ex"i have been 3 betting alot the last 30 minutes when i pick up aces on the button" or "villain just bluffed me off best hand"
Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Hyper Aggressive style of play

read harrington on holdem. it's plus ev.