Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Help for Our Spanish Publisher

Hi Everyone:

It seems that it is difficult to set up a worldwide business for the Spanish translations of our books. If any of you can help in translation and distribution of the Spanish versions of our books in various countries where Spanish is spoken, our Spanish publisher would like to talk to you. So please post here if interested and what your capabilities might be.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Help for Our Spanish Publisher

I have studied english in a bi-lingual school in Spain and have translate (the key words) a lot of poker books. I also have the First Certificate in English by the University of Cambridge.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:30 AM

Hello,

I'm an American poker player, currently living in Madrid, Spain.

I've worked both here and in the US as a freelance proofreader and Spanish-English translator, as well as a teacher of English as a second language. I'm trilingual (English-Spanish-French), and have many contacts in the translation community here in Madrid.

On the poker side, I've worked as a dealer in Las Vegas, and also as a poker organizer in Montreal, Canada. I currently organize small poker tournaments in Madrid bars, and am in contact with many serious players here.

I can be reached at:

abyager[AT]yahoo.com

Alan
Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

a translation service into Universal Spanish

another one
Old 08-16-2007, 05:37 AM

I currently live in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I've been here for over a year and a half. I'm originally from the US. I speak/write/read Spanish fairly well. I know various people in publishing and printing here. I also have several contacts that work as translators. I would not feel comfortable translating myself, however, I would be able to assist my translator contacts with poker specific vocabulary. If you would like someone to help you in Argentina or in other countries within South America please send me a PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:55 AM

Hello, Mason.
I am a Spanish Poker player and blogger. My blog is "El póquer según Kaveson". (www.pokerpoquer.com/blog_kaveson/).
I have traslated a lot of poker texts into Spanish, as you can see in my blog. Look at "Traducciones autorizadas", in the left column.
Long time ago (08/04/2005), after reading Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players, I sent you an e-mail asking for permission to publish a summary in Spanish in my personal web, in order to spread your work among the Spanish speakers and to encourage to them to buy the original edition in English.
I am also writing poker articles in pokerpoquer.com, one of the best three poker websites in Spanish.
I am Ph.D. in History and I have written several works about History, Art, Digital Libraries and Poker.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm from Argentina, I play poker part time and I spend a great amount of time reading english written poker books, message boards and magazines. I went to a bilingual school and lived in NYC for about a year. My spanish writing abilities, as well as my english comprehension, are good and I could help translating 2+2 poker books into spanish, which is something I would love to do.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:31 PM

My mom lives and works in El Salvador as a professional translator. She has lived there her whole life and has translated for Presidential functions.

Please PM me if you could use her services and I will provide her information for you.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Hi,
I speak spanish as my first language, and recently did the spanish translation of a popular affiliate website. And I just graduated from university last week, so I have some spare time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Hello,

I'm currently working as a translator for one of the biggest poker sites on the Internet and, during the past months, I have have been working in their website, newsletters & software translation.

Also, I currently own 3 Spanish poker websites for which I have written poker articles and reports, and also remark I have been playing poker both online and live for more than 5 years.

Spanish is my first language and I have studied in a private English school for many years.

If you require a resume or further information just let me know.

DS