Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $60
UTG: $15.30
MP: $18.80
CO: $27.25
BTN: $48.50
Hero (SB): $58.65

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks

Turn: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, <font color="red">MP raises to $6.50</font>, Hero ...

I've been caught stealing orphan pots with air twice recently, and the whole table is probably pretty annoyed that I keep bumping up their dopey minraises and limps. No strong reads on villain, though he definitely isn't tight or aggressive normally. The minraise preflop is his standard raise, it doesn't mean a big pair, a small PP, or anything else necessarily.

Note- I'm absolutely not considering folding here- only trying to decide if I can or should raise.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 50PL 66 in SB hits turn set on straightening board 3 way

Put him all in on the turn. He may be drawing to a straight but connectors would not particularely make sense here, albeit not impossible. Your only worry is 7 7 or K K and his action on the flop really does not scream these either. I put him on A K or K Q and push. He is close to committed at this point and I almost never lay down a set without a very good read.

edit: did not see pot limit-bet pot
Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 PM

PL eh? I think he is liable to call a 3bet even with the airier part of his range, like AQ and stuff. His calling range is absolutely enormous. Unless I had reason to suspect that A) he has air most of the time B) he has a history of big bluffs on the river I like to get it in on the turn.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Pot, sir.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 PM

I was pretty sure that would be the consensus. I was kicking myself as soon as I hit call. I had this image in my head of the sort of hands I might sometimes check behind flop instead of cbet- 3 card gutshots to the nut straight, KK.

He had a combo draw J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which missed on the river. much value lost; worst hand I played tonight.