Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Why would financial companies take a chance with USA?

From what we have read so far, the charges against Neteller founders are money laundering. Even if the company claims that the 2 founders have no involvment in the day-to-day running of the company, what has happenned was enough to stop Neteller dealing with US-based citizens (at light speed I might add).

Obviously the US gvt is running a scare-the-[censored]-out-of-executives campaign and it seems to be quite efficient.

Now everybody is looking for alternative methods to deposit and cashout but is it realistic to think that other e-wallets will be willing to stay in the US market?
There is a lot of money to be made when the field leader leaves and greed is an excellent motivation, but any accusation that applies to Neteller, will certainly apply to any other company that allows US money to be transfered to online gambling sites, right?

Unfortunately it seems that it is only a question of (very little) time before every online money transfer solution is unavailable to Americans as it is now clear that it is considered "money launderig" by American authorities.

Every non-American feels sorry for what is happening to you guys and it worries us because no country likes online gambling and if the US shows the way to stop it, it is only a matter of time before we all find ourselves in the same situation.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Why would financial companies take a chance with USA?

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what we have read so far, the charges against Neteller founders are money laundering. Even if the company claims that the 2 founders have no involvment in the day-to-day running of the company, what has happenned was enough to stop Neteller dealing with US-based citizens (at light speed I might add).

Obviously the US gvt is running a scare-the-[censored]-out-of-executives campaign and it seems to be quite efficient.

Now everybody is looking for alternative methods to deposit and cashout but is it realistic to think that other e-wallets will be willing to stay in the US market?
There is a lot of money to be made when the field leader leaves and greed is an excellent motivation, but any accusation that applies to Neteller, will certainly apply to any other company that allows US money to be transfered to online gambling sites, right?

Unfortunately it seems that it is only a question of (very little) time before every online money transfer solution is unavailable to Americans as it is now clear that it is considered "money launderig" by American authorities.

Every non-American feels sorry for what is happening to you guys and it worries us because no country likes online gambling and if the US shows the way to stop it, it is only a matter of time before we all find ourselves in the same situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

William,

I take it from your post you aren't American...lucky you!!! Anyway, I find it quite ironic that the US gov't will allow us to build whole cities around gaming (LV, AC, etc), have state lotteries, dog tracks, horse tracks, hell, even a local bingo palor...but say that online poker is a no-no. Click your mouse & lose your house!!!! Unreal.

This whole hot button topic of online poker these days is about politics...nothing more. One guy, Frist, need the conservative vote for his White House run (that ain't gonna happen anyway!!!) & the rest of the sleaze bag politicans in the US aren't getting a slice of the Billion dollar pie that is online poker, so they're going after somebody...anybody...until they get their cut.

All of this nonsense could have been avoided if some of the sites would have dropped a little coin in a coupla pockets in Washington!!!! That's how the American political system works.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 AM

Location: So I put two and two together and decided - you\'re pissin\' me off.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William,

I take it from your post you aren't American...lucky you!!! Anyway, I find it quite ironic that the US gov't will allow us to build whole cities around gaming (LV, AC, etc), have state lotteries, dog tracks, horse tracks, hell, even a local bingo palor...but say that online poker is a no-no. Click your mouse & lose your house!!!! Unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, AC was around for a long time before gambling.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William,

This whole hot button topic of online poker these days is about politics...nothing more. One guy, Frist, need the conservative vote for his White House run (that ain't gonna happen anyway!!!) & the rest of the sleaze bag politicans in the US aren't getting a slice of the Billion dollar pie that is online poker, so they're going after somebody...anybody...until they get their cut.

All of this nonsense could have been avoided if some of the sites would have dropped a little coin in a coupla pockets in Washington!!!! That's how the American political system works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the poker sites really blew the opportunity to kiss up to Congress. They could have been doing that for years. Instead they created a small lobby in the last few seconds which was way too little too late. I'm not apologising for the US Congress here, just reiterating that the poker sites were kind of stupid not to make more friends when they had the opportunity.

But, to the OP's statement that poker will be banned all over as result of this- I believe the UK allows and regulates all kinds of forms of internet gambling and that doesn't look like it will change.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William,

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, AC was around for a long time before gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

...you know what I meant!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:37 AM

When you peel off the USA's 'democracy' label, you'll find more similarities to fascism. No free speech anymore, no more need for approval for wire taps or search warrants and the ability to throw people in jail with no reason for however long they want to. As well as online poker, it's banned ? Don't you guys live in the land of the free like it says in your anthem ? No, not anymore you don't ...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 AM

http://imdb.com/title/tt0772153/trai...ay-E27590-10-2 ... pretty good documentary about how your country is turning into a police state.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you peel off the USA's 'democracy' label, you'll find more similarities to fascism. No free speech anymore, no more need for approval for wire taps or search warrants and the ability to throw people in jail with no reason for however long they want to. As well as online poker, it's banned ? Don't you guys live in the land of the free like it says in your anthem ? No, not anymore you don't ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn
Old 01-18-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally...but in the end the "Frist Amendment" will boil down to enforcement. Who's gonna do that? Banks? Police? ISP's? Banks are already regulated beyond belief in this country & will not go out of their way to stop someone from spending their own money in their own homes however they see fit. The Fed chairman even said as much in a recent interview. The banking lobby in Congress wields a big stick, so don't expect the cops to kick down your door just because you play online.