Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Re: More NT! modding abuse.

I also love all the morons waisting their "vote" on William. I don't post there anymore, haven't they noticed?, LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2006, 02:08 AM

Honestly, and I swear I would have this same stance even if I was not pretty much forced to leave OOT, these survivor dual-offs of 'terrible posters' seems really tacky. Woot woot, some people post better and are more well received, what do you win? Gift-card, online points, upgradable e-penis? I can predict your responses already, "satisfaction of not being a moran, hardy har har", then some random douche quotes it and they slap eachothers ass and move onto the next thread inebriated.

So much of the repetition is not these 'horrible posters' and their content itself, it's the way people flock against them and dramatize everything that gets boring. I'm the 'hated poster' for now, then it'll be someone else who ppl disagree with, then someone else, until eventually there remains a group of people who are afraid to disagree with one another because they'll lose their "online status" which essentially takes away everything this forum is supposed to offer.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:18 AM

Please keep in mind that 99% of internet posters (this site included) are socially rejected people. The internet gives them a chance to be the "heroes" instead of the "jokes" they are in real life.
It's like lesbians chat sites, where 99% are men sexchatting with eachother trying to convince themselves that YES, they are chatting with a real woman.

Let the dreaming continue... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2006, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you win?

[/ QUOTE ]
A better forum.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, and I swear I would have this same stance even if I was not pretty much forced to leave OOT, these survivor dual-offs of 'terrible posters' seems really tacky. Woot woot, some people post better and are more well received, what do you win? Gift-card, online points, upgradable e-penis? I can predict your responses already, "satisfaction of not being a moran, hardy har har", then some random douche quotes it and they slap eachothers ass and move onto the next thread inebriated.

So much of the repetition is not these 'horrible posters' and their content itself, it's the way people flock against them and dramatize everything that gets boring. I'm the 'hated poster' for now, then it'll be someone else who ppl disagree with, then someone else, until eventually there remains a group of people who are afraid to disagree with one another because they'll lose their "online status" which essentially takes away everything this forum is supposed to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
As much as it's all the rage these days to hate on Dementia, I have to agree with him here. I think early on he was stubborn and made a lot of posts that people would agree were stupid (me included, I'm sure), but he seemed to weather criticism well and with a sense of humor and seemed to make an effort to be a better poster. Too late I guess, he was everyone's favorite punching bag and his fate was sealed. Kind of a shame, I have respect for people who absorb and deal with as much abuse as he did without telling everyone to eff off.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please keep in mind that 99% of internet posters (this site included) are socially rejected people. The internet gives them a chance to be the "heroes" instead of the "jokes" they are in real life.
It's like lesbians chat sites, where 99% are men sexchatting with eachother trying to convince themselves that YES, they are chatting with a real woman.

Let the dreaming continue... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, you mean the lesbians I'm chatting with aren't... this is very upsetting.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 PM

dementia that is a shockingly coherent and insightful post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As much as it's all the rage these days to hate on Dementia, I have to agree with him here. I think early on he was stubborn and made a lot of posts that people would agree were stupid (me included, I'm sure), but he seemed to weather criticism well and with a sense of humor and seemed to make an effort to be a better poster. Too late I guess, he was everyone's favorite punching bag and his fate was sealed. Kind of a shame, I have respect for people who absorb and deal with as much abuse as he did without telling everyone to eff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are saying is that Dementia wanted to be a better poster but didn't know how to be a better poster and instead of helping him, we actually hurt his progress.

So, in a sense, we are all responsible for Dementia's failure.

" Hi, my name is Low Limit Loser. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the less than stellar posters on this board for my failure. I was sarcastic and cruel to some posters, not because of their faults, but becasue of my frailties. I now understand how hurtful my words can be. I also would like to show my commitment to change by entering a rehab program at some certain point in the future.

Sincerly,

LLL"
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you are saying is that Dementia wanted to be a better poster but didn't know how to be a better poster and instead of helping him, we actually hurt his progress.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't know where you got that from, maybe I just worded it poorly. I'll try to do better:

- I respected Dementia's ability to take crap from almost every poster on the board and come back for more

- he clearly acknowledged his shortcomings as a poster/person and said he would try to improve (e.g. about how he had the bad habit of being a contrarian when the stance he was taking was impossibly retarded, or his tendency to be stubborn)

- too late, the herd decided he sucked and must be a permanent object of contempt

I'm writing way more than I actually care about this, but just wanted to address that.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:34 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the fact that there are hundreds of new OOT posters every month and that we ban like 5 per year are pretty obvious counter examples to your statement. i dont think i will ever get over your britney spears argument. that was probably the dumbest thing i read all month. you saying that shes not hot is one thing but then your insane misunderstanding of statistics and saying that over 50% of women were hotter than her was amazing. it seemed like you were doing nothing but trolling and many of your other posts were the same way. i think getting rid of obvious bad posters who go out of their way to make a statement that they dont even understand enough to back up is far, far different from your example of us banning every new poster and falling into the pit of groupthink.

rj